Author Topic: Street name  (Read 723 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Street name
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 May 21 01:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you Dave Capps...obvious now it's been pointed out.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline scorny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 May 21 06:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for your feedback.  Now I see that someone has already transcribed that record for the Danish archives, and has determined that it is indeed Neustadt.  Too bad I didn't see that first, but I guess it's a learning experience.  It looks like the building at 53/54 Neustadt is now a B&B.  Makes me want to go there. I never new my great great grandfather had lived in Tonning before he settled in Uetersen and became a master shoemaker himself. I believe there was a rather large Danish speaking population there and even a few today.  Thanks again.

Steve
Harder, Lohberg, Superczynski, Corneliussen, Schoolmann, Rospenda, Ratjen

Vestfold Norge, Schleswig-Holstein, Posen, Poland

Online davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 May 21 06:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
if you subscribe to Archion you will have access to his birth record
https://www.archion.de/en/the-portal/

Dave

Offline scorny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 May 21 06:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip. I just recently subscribed, although I haven't purchase anything yet.  I actually already have the birth info for my 2x grf, but he (Hans Hinrich Harder) was born in Krems, Leezen Parish near Segeberg not near Tonning.  They don't have that in Archion. I also wish they had records for Bremerhafen which is where the other side of our family lived. I want to get birth records, both civil and church, but they don't have the digital scans.  I also had hoped to find any additional siblings of my great grandmother and it's great to browse through the records .

Online davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 May 21 07:00 BST (UK) »
let us know what you are looking for, names, dates, places
maybe we can help
Dave

Offline scorny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 May 21 15:35 BST (UK) »
Well Dave, it's certainly worth a try. I was going to try and obtain the records directly from Germany, but dealing with the bureaucracy there makes it very problematic. I have gotten a few records in the past and it was a long and tedious process.

I am pretty certain of the birth dates of my great grandmother and some of her siblings

Adelheid Volmine Schoolmann b, 21 Oct 1874 in Bremerhaven died in US
Christian Eduard Schoolmann b.14 Sep 1869 in Bremerhaven (possibly Vegesack) died in US
Alma Johanna Schoolmann b. 3 Jul 1872 in Bremehaven died in US

All three emigrated to the US and I have their marriage/death records most of which cite their parents with minor spelling variations. I don't have their birth records although I know the dates.

Adelheid is my great grandmother and her parents are Betsy Gesine Schoolmann geb. Ratjen b. 20 Jul 1833 Vegesack

and Meino (or Maino) Alrich Eduard Schoolmann b .14 Mar 1841 in Norden (Ostfriesland)

I don't know for certain but I believe Meino died about 1896 because he appeared in the Bremerhafen city directory at Deichstraße 156 up until that time. Following that his wife Betsy is listed as widow of M Schoolmann up to 1913, and that is the last entry for her.  So I believe she died sometime in 1913 or 1914.  I would love to get their death records.  I have their marriage records and a good baptismal record for Meino.  I believe they may have had other children.  Betsy was married previously to Richard Bohn (sometimes Liemann) who died 5 Jul 1866 (drowned in the Weser river). They had at least two children:

Bernhard Rudolph Bohn b.7 Aug 1859  in Vegesack death ?
Richard A Bohn b. 25 Oct 1866 prob Vegesack, died in US in 1939

I believe there were at least one or 2 children in between since that was common in those days. 

Anything that anyone has on this would be great!

Steve

Steve

Online davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 14 May 21 21:37 BST (UK) »
sorry, found nothing that you don´t already have
Regards