Author Topic: Thomas SAUNDERS & Fanny Louisa MORRIS Marriage Certificate, Chorlton, Manchester  (Read 655 times)

Offline Lesleyperry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas SAUNDERS & Fanny Louisa MORRIS Marriage Certificate, Chorlton, Manchester
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 22:14 BST (UK) »
Yes, in 1913 Fanny Louisa remarried and put SAUNDERS, widow.

Thomas SAUNDERS, b. 1873 Bath is elusive for me:

1. - no death record found around 1908 onwards.
2. - no marriage around 1900 or so
3. - not on the 1911 census with Fanny Louisa
4. - had a child in 1907 birth/death

There must be some anomaly with his name maybe. ???

Thanks for looking into this.

Lesley  :)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas SAUNDERS & Fanny Louisa MORRIS Marriage Certificate, Chorlton, Manchester
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 May 21 06:59 BST (UK) »
I understand she married in 1913 but what is her status in 1911 - married to Thomas or widowed from Thomas?

Technically if Thomas was still alive in 1913 and she wasn’t ever married to him this would be her first marriage anyway.

IF that’s the case.  Finding a death for Thomas should help. 

Where was the 1907 child born?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lesleyperry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 May 21 13:59 BST (UK) »
Fanny Louisa MORRIS b. 1876, Bridnorth, - - servant in Chorlton in 1891 - - w/Thomas SAUNDERS  and 2 daughters in 1901

In 1911 she is naming herself (Fanny) Louisa EDWARDS even though she is not (re)married yet.  Fanny Louis (re)married George EDWARDS - looks like a neighbor - in 1913. 

I have info. on that 1913 EDWARDS marriage (St. Aidan, Bradford) - where she names herself: (Fanny) Louisa SAUNDERS, widow, 36 (suggesting a previous marriage to Thomas SAUNDERS around 1900).  ???

In 1907 a child Eva SAUNDERS was born and died right in the area where Thomas SAUNDERS and (Fanny) Louisa nee (MORRIS) lived - Chorlton, Manchester (and where she had worked as a servant in 1891).

Can't find evidence of a death for Thomas SAUNDEERS b. 1873 c. BATH, either ??? - if this flows correctly, it would make sense that he died in the Chorlton, Manchester area, around 1908-1909. 

Unless of course Thomas SAUNDERS died later (Thomas/Louisa separation).  Don't think Thomas is on the 1911 though; certainly not with Louisa (and they had young children).

Thank you for posting the link to my other recent thread - (I didn't know how to do it and had only been able to make a reference to it at the beginning of this thread). 

Where can I find the link to a previous post (so that I can copy and paste it in a new post)?

Thanks again,

Lesley

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 May 21 14:42 BST (UK) »

Where can I find the link to a previous post (so that I can copy and paste it in a new post)?

Just go back to the first post on the thread you want to show the link for and at the top of the page it gives the link
https://www.rootschat.com/......etc
Just copy/paste it
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lesleyperry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 May 21 14:59 BST (UK) »
Re: link

Got it!  Thanks, Lesley

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
There is a marriage for Fanny Louisa Morris in Oct Nov, Dec Quarter in Chorlton The ref is
Volume 8c Page 1051

The other names on the page are

James Pinnington Corfe
George August De Twornicki
Jessie Ross

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Lancs BMD has Fanny L Morris and James P Corfe in 1893 at Whalley Range, St. Margaret

They are in Liverpool in 1901 so probably not the one you are looking for.

Offline Lesleyperry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
There is a marriage for Fanny Louisa Morris in Oct Nov, Dec Quarter in Chorlton The ref is
Volume 8c Page 1051

The other names on the page are

James Pinnington Corfe
George August De Twornicki
Jessie Ross

This is not us - it's for an older Fanny Louisa MORRIS.  The names are extremely common. Thank you for looking at it. 

Just saw your post - Liverpool is not correct - but thanks for additional confirmation that CORFE is not correct marriage info - needs to be Chorton, Manchester.

I need marriage info. for Fanny Louisa MORRIS b. 1873 Bridnorth and Thomas SAUNDERS b. 1873 Bath around 1900 - living in Chorton, Manchester on the 1901.  Probably the father's name would be Thomas MORRIS.

I don't think/coming to the conclusion they (SAUNDERS/MORRIS) actually got married although they lived together and had children 1901.  Unless there is some complete misspelling or other issue with both their names.

Lesley