Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday, May 12th  (Read 806 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday, May 12th
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 May 21 16:08 BST (UK) »
No doubt a test will be a Good Thing, Diana, however perhaps you could try querying by email about your 2nd vac?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 May 21 23:23 BST (UK) »
Once again I’m a day behind...

Lovely to read all your comments/diaries but bit past its sell by date to make comments!

The day started off ok weather wise .... I think....
Having decorated ( well OH did) my work/ironing room finishing it just before March 2020 we never got round to getting to IKEA to purchase more storage space/units.... so he made the suggestion that we went to do that....
After much deliberation as to what would suit the spaces best we went online to check out if the store nearest to us had stock.... of course they had some but not all... as it’s quite a drive it seemed pointless to go... half the morning wasted...
Next I’ve been on about  my rotary washing line (30+ yrs old) really needs replacing as some clips where line is twisted round are broken, line has stretched... we look online and decide a couple of places in same out of town shopping places might do so we set off to look...
Post office first to send wedding card I’d made for his niece ....
Recycle centre next....
Finally managed to get new washing line so home we come... quite a little outing what fun! 😀
Once home old one removed and new one installed... cover over it... will try to do that every time.... 🤞🤞...
After lunch OH eventually went to mow the back lawn....
I had mail from my new cousin with some family tit bits so went to my tree and entered new info... spent most of the afternoon doing research... turns out he lives in Oxford so not too far away.
Dinner was cod baked in the oven with chorizo and cannellini beans mixed with chilli, leek and mushroom, stock lightly crushed, greens to go with it.
Watched tv... can’t remember what though..
Had an early night as had been reading very late night before to finish my book...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 May 21 07:02 BST (UK) »
Yummy dinner as usual Caroline.  ;D

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 14 May 21 08:50 BST (UK) »
And great news about your newly found cousin Caroline. Nice to get an outing and a satisfactory purchase.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales