Author Topic: Andrew Daley-Medal card.  (Read 433 times)

Offline Red Tom

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Andrew Daley-Medal card.
« on: Thursday 13 May 21 11:18 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping to find out if there is anything to be gleaned from the attached medal card,I'm out of my depth to be honest,so any help would be gratefully accepted.
Calland/Campbell/Pilkington/Wignall/Varley/Briscoe

Offline tonepad

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Daley-Medal card.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 May 21 12:45 BST (UK) »
Card shows:
medals, ribbons and clasps issued (a date next to any of these indicates that the award was issued)
the mercantile marine office (‘M.M.O.’) to which the medals were sent (in some instances a home address may be noted in this section)

Awarded:
Mercantile Marine Medal – awarded to those who served at sea for at least six months, and on at least one voyage through a danger zone

British War Medal -automatically awarded to all recipients of the Mercantile Marine Medal

See:

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/merchant-seamens-campaign-medal-records-1914-1918/

Tony

Aucock/Aukett~Kent/Sussex, Broadway~Oxfordshire, Danks~Warwickshire, Fenn~Kent/Norfolk, Goatham~Kent, Hunt~Kent, Parker~Middlesex, Perry~Kent, Sellers~Kent/Yorkshire, Sladden~Kent, Wright~Kent/Essex

Offline Red Tom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 May 21 13:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that Tony,I did try the N/A,but from what I could gather,the discharge number won't do me any good for finding further info,but I appreciate your help today.
Calland/Campbell/Pilkington/Wignall/Varley/Briscoe

Offline Bellemarie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 March 23 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Andrew’s my great-grandfather. Would it be possible to know your connection to him, please? Many thanks.