Author Topic: Death of Eliza Martha Watterson, nee Martin, 1902, Irwin, Bonneville Co., Idaho  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
I found an online tree for Samuel Henderson and Mary Love. In addition, I found the date of birth for Elizabeth as Jan 24, 1898. However, her mother supposedly died Jan 8, maybe it is really Jan 28. Elizabeth is noted as the 9th child although the second child was stillborn (a male). Elizabeth was raised by Nancy Jane aka Annie Watterson. Second youngest Mary was a ward of  James Quigley in 1910.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Eliza Martha Watterson, nee Martin, 1902, Irwin, Bonneville Co., Idaho
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 03:47 BST (UK) »
Sandra,
In reply #50, you have the parents  of Jane Watterson as Leonard W. Watterson, and Eliza Martha Martin. Is there any way to access the Millennium File quoted beneath?

Millenium File
Name Hugh Caldwell (Sr) Martin Birth Date 30 Nov 1834 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scottland
Death Date 26 May 1903  Swan Valley, Bonneville, Idaho.
Marriage Date 18 Jun 1863
Father George Leadley Martin - Mother Janet Martin Osborne - Spouse Jane Watterson
Children Hugh Caldwell (Jr) Martin
Spouse Father Leonard W Watterson Spouse Mother Eliza Martha Martin.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Eliza Martha Watterson, nee Martin, 1902, Irwin, Bonneville Co., Idaho
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 09:44 BST (UK) »
Sandra,
In reply #50, you have the parents  of Jane Watterson as Leonard W. Watterson, and Eliza Martha Martin. Is there any way to access the Millennium File quoted beneath?

Millenium File
Name Hugh Caldwell (Sr) Martin Birth Date 30 Nov 1834 Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scottland
Death Date 26 May 1903  Swan Valley, Bonneville, Idaho.
Marriage Date 18 Jun 1863
Father George Leadley Martin - Mother Janet Martin Osborne - Spouse Jane Watterson
Children Hugh Caldwell (Jr) Martin
Spouse Father Leonard W Watterson Spouse Mother Eliza Martha Martin.

Unfortunately there was no image.

https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/15730/how-reliable-is-the-millennium-file

Did you have a look thru family search ?

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedigree/landscape/KWCH-QSN

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 15:32 BST (UK) »
Yes, I checked out these references. The millennium file has Jane‘s parents as Leonard Watterson and Eliza Martin where as FamilySearch has her parents as John Watterson and Martha Martin. Documents in Salt Lake City say John and Martha. Somewhere I saw that Jane’s baptism is at Woods Chapel but it definitely is not. I wrote to a Church in Co. Tyrone in May and I’m still awaiting a reply regarding Jane’s baptism. I checked another church nearby to Woods and Jane’s baptism is not there.  At one point findagrave had Jane’s father as Leonard Martin which would not be correct.