Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 13th May  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Thursday 13th May
« on: Thursday 13 May 21 23:49 BST (UK) »
Woke up early again, was expecting to still have a sore mouth from the dentistry yesterday but it was fine. I'd forgotten to order teabags with my Tesco order and the ones I had wouldn't last till the next delivery. I really can't do without them so went to Sainsbury's Local to buy some. There was a rack of bedding plants outside, looked very healthy so I bought some petunias, also bought an apple pie, their own brand is lovely, big chunks of apple instead of the mush you get in some. Came home and changed my shoes then out for a walk, not too long as I was meeting my friend later for our weekly walk.

In the afternoon I cut the front lawn and dug out a rhododendron from the border, it had been swamped by the other shrubs and didn't look very happy. Put it in a pot in the back garden, might keep it in a pot permanently. It was quite overcast, the sun broke through occasionally so I spent a short time reading in the garden. J was finishing work early so we met at 4.30, enjoyed the walk. Came home thinking that I probably talk too much, a product of spending so much time alone I guess. Or perhaps it's just me that thinks I go on a bit.

Art class is in the morning tomorrow as it's a demo. Feel a bit tempted to miss it and just watch the recording so I can mute the woman who bangs about and the one who likes the sound of her own voice. But I won't.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 13th May
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 May 21 00:02 BST (UK) »
I'd forgotten to order teabags with my Tesco order and the ones I had wouldn't last till the next delivery. I really can't do without them so went to Sainsbury's Local to buy some. ... also bought an apple pie, their own brand is lovely, big chunks of apple ...

I'm going to sleep now dreaming of a mug of tea and a piece of your apple pie (heated), with a good scoop of ice cream just beginning to melt over it  :P

Take care all, Mark  :)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 May 21 08:01 BST (UK) »
Mmmm, apple pie and ice cream, yummy.
There had been heavy rain most of Wednesday afternoon/evening and all through the night. The dividing path across the pond in the park was under water as was the kids mini quad bike ground.
The rain continued for much of the morning, but when it slacked off H and I walked into town to pick up "Hamnet" which had been reserved for me at the library.
We were lucky and returned home before the next heavy shower that lasted most of the afternoon, while I crafted my Mass Observation diary entry for Tuesday.
After tea the weather seemed temporarily brighter so I marched up and down the cliff walk a couple of time while H was tutoring. Necessary, as unusually we bought mini dessert cheesecakes in glass ramekin dishes for which we had a purpose.
Noticed it was raining again later in the evening, and must have continued much of the night as the ground is still very wet, but I can see from the balcony that levels have receded, down at the pond.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 May 21 08:47 BST (UK) »
Glad to give you both those delicious thoughts, unfortunately i can't eat ice cream.  :'(

Oh dear MH, what a wet day, I shall count myself lucky only having had the coastal clouds. Well done on getting out for walks despite the heavy rain, I hope it's better for you today.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 May 21 09:11 BST (UK) »
Thoughts is all.... extremely rare that we have either on the premises.

Forecast is somewhat iffy today, but it's all part of life's rich pattern.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 May 21 12:18 BST (UK) »
Glad to give you both those delicious thoughts, unfortunately i can't eat ice cream.  :'(

Oh thanks  :) at least I fell asleep when my head hit the pillow  :)

Neither can I eat ice cream now (but fine with semi skimmed milk on weetabix), an influenza like illness in January 2020 which caused a rash and has seemingly left my immune system over responding to certain foods and prescribed medications, but quickly reacting to colds since December even with a 2 deg Centigrade temp rise.

The only safe neutralising agent for me (after any reaction) I have discovered is drinking water.

Regular blood tests, a kidney and a brain scan, but Doctors don't have a name for it yet.

But we can all dream of the taste, even if we have to avoid it now.

You all take care, Mark

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 May 21 14:26 BST (UK) »
That all sounds a bit rotten Mark..... and SO strange how many people say a slightly flu-ish type illness  early in 2020 has left them with crazy symptoms.

I have a young relative who had a bit of a cold last January, and ever since can hardly stand up due to dizziness and loss of balance!

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 14 May 21 15:50 BST (UK) »
Was exhausted today had a horrible shift on Wednesday and didn't sleep much.

Had to 'attend' a hastily arranged zoom meeting for something else in the afternoon. Coupled with the general running about,mum's taxi etc i was wiped out.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 May 21 15:56 BST (UK) »
There is never enough time in a day with a job and a young family!
I admire you for juggling the way you do.  :)
Lots of slow, measured breathing at bed time for you tonight......