Author Topic: Birth Dates and Details Written on Pages of Breeches Bible  (Read 479 times)

Offline mohibullah

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth Dates and Details Written on Pages of Breeches Bible
« on: Friday 14 May 21 11:52 BST (UK) »
The Bible does not have my family members listed, but details may be helpful to another.
... daughter of W M Short and Bridgitt his wife was born...1697: W M Short son of W M Short and Bridgitt was born 1701:  And there are some more for the Shorts but hard to read.
John Cowper the son of John and Mary Cowper was born on Friday 18th February at quarter pas 11 at night 1731(2?): Ralph Cowper son of above born 22 August 1734 between 6 and 7 at night: John Cowper son of above born 10th (?) February 1735 (?)
John Cowper and Susannah Procter married (?) December 1756: Susannah Cowper, daughter of John and Susannah Cowper born Sunday 4th September half an hour after 2.00pm 1757: Procter Cowper son of John and Susnnah Cowper born Sunday 22nd April a quarter before 10.00am 1759:
Charlotte daughter of John and Susannah Cowper born Monday 25th July 3.30pm 1768: John Willam son of John and Susannah Cowper born Thursday 15th December at 7.00am 1774. died January 14 (?) 1775.
.Thats as far as I can go. I don't know what to do with this information and whether it may be useful to anyone who is tracing their decendants. i live in Brisbane Australia

Online philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Dates and Details Written on Pages of Breeches Bible
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 May 21 16:37 BST (UK) »
In case it proves useful to any interested parties, FamilySearch lists the marriage of John COWPER and Susannah PROCTOR on 7 Dec 1756 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 May 21 16:43 BST (UK) »
Rootschat threads come up near the top of results if a name is 'googled' so you may get some response in due course now those names are 'out there'. Hope you find a descendant to hand it to.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 May 21 16:46 BST (UK) »
In case it proves useful to any interested parties, FamilySearch lists the marriage of John COWPER and Susannah PROCTOR on 7 Dec 1756 in Lincoln, Lincolnshire.

Philip

The marriage was at St Martins, Lincoln - John was of the parish of St Mary Magdalene, Susanna of the parish of St Michael.
Witnesses - Ric. Reynolds.  Wm Procter.   Ra Cowper. (All signed)
Susanna signed as Procter.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mohibullah

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 September 21 23:40 BST (UK) »
Ma y thanks for your replies