Author Topic: Death in Ottawa after 1965 Alexander Lawson  (Read 560 times)

Offline Sue Greene

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death in Ottawa after 1965 Alexander Lawson
« on: Saturday 15 May 21 00:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I would like some advise on where I would be able to find the death of Alexander Nicolson Lawson who died after 1965 we assume in Ottawa.
Alexander was born in 1913 in Scotland.
I have found Alexander on the Canadian voters Lists.
1953, 245 Waverley Street. Occ. plumber.
1957, Empress Ave. 118 Apartment 3. Occ. plumber
1958 and 1965 as 1957.
Alexander was born in Scotland I have him on passenger lists. He did go home a couple of times so I have checked the Scottish deaths he did not go back home and die there so we assume he then stayed in Ottawa and died there.
We don't know if he married but assume he may not have.
Is there any indexes of deaths for Ottawa after 1965 if so are they online? Also would be interested to know if he left a will.
Would appreciate any help.
Sue.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Death in Ottawa after 1965 Alexander Lawson
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 May 21 06:51 BST (UK) »

Unfortunately Canada does not have bmd index.  The privacy laws in Canada are quite strict.
Quick glance doesn't show anything for Alexander Lawson. Is this the one born Greenock who arrived 13 March 1932 going to Seeley's Bay. Ontario.
Were there any other relations in Cnada ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Sue Greene

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 May 21 07:34 BST (UK) »

Unfortunately Canada does not have bmd index.  The privacy laws in Canada are quite strict.
Quick glance doesn't show anything for Alexander Lawson. Is this the one born Greenock who arrived 13 March 1932 going to Seeley's Bay. Ontario.
Were there any other relations in Cnada ?

Hi Sandra,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes that is the Alexander on the passenger list. I have found him on three different passenger lists.
So he did go back to Scotland but returned to Canada.
As far as we know there were no other family members in Canada though a nephew did visit him in the 1950's.
It is that nephew who now lives here in New Zealand that would like to find out when his uncle died.
Regards
Sue

Sandra

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 May 21 13:48 BST (UK) »
I found a legal notice for the estate of the late Alexander Lawson in the Ottawa Citizen newspaper in 2004 died 5 November 2003.  Estate trustee is a Dr. Lilly Cornell who seems to have been a family physician in Ottawa (and is still practicing).