Author Topic: Lillian Lingwood Grainger 1891 - 1965 Newcastle  (Read 1219 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lillian Lingwood Grainger 1891 - 1965 Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 May 21 13:38 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone else can get the FamilySearch link to work showing Lilian L. Grainger, age 10, as a passenger to Canada in 1901?  Ship name 'Parisian' bound for Quebec, Quebec City..

I think she may possibly have been sent via the workhouse route and have later returned for whatever reason.
By the way, do you know what religion was?  If Catholic, Church entries are very good source entries for info.  Is there a specific street area in the 'Westgate area' on birth cert? 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 May 21 16:23 BST (UK) »
I can find the record and view it but it doesn't say much - her name, age, that she was a child.

Everyone on the list has - immigration.   Some have destination Montreal and some Toronto - Lilian has Toronto.

If she went and came back then there must be a returning passenger list for her.

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 May 21 16:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Milliepede.  Is it possible for you (or anyone) to attach the link for Richard?  I have tried but for some reason I just get the general link for FamilySearch rather than the specific one for the record.

Just conjecture, but I do wonder if things might have been a struggle and if Lilian may have had to go into the workhouse or children's home for a time.  I think it sometimes happened that children might be sent abroad under emigration schemes.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Schoch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 16 May 21 18:33 BST (UK) »
I agree Milliepede,
I am trying to locate her return 'cause if it is her then she had to return to be married and for decedents of the tree to continue.  Or it is not her of course!!
Stay in the  Moment

Grainger - Wigton and Newcastle Area
Gibson - Newcastle/Scotland (Roxburgh) Areas
Crisell/Crissell/Chrysel/etc. - Suffolk Area
Schoch - Germany (Öhringen Area)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 May 21 21:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Milliepede - Yes, this works.  It will be curious if this is not her.  She is the only Lilian L Grainger on Freebmd births over quite a stretch of years over that time period.  She is age 10 as well which fits in with birth year.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 16 May 21 22:02 BST (UK) »
Good glad it worked.  I often forget to look on family search I have so many other sites open  ;D

Eager to learn the occupation of "father" on the marriage certificate. 
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 16 May 21 22:06 BST (UK) »
Oh just found a family tree with a Lilian Louisa Grainger born 1890 Durham and it has half siblings born in Canada which, if correct, could mean the passenger list one isn't right  :-\
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 16 May 21 22:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks Milliepede.  I suppose she could be the correct one.  I can't see a birth registration for her.  ??? Either I am missing something or perhaps she wasn't registered over here.
I agree it would be interesting to hear about occupation of named Father on marriage cert.