Author Topic: John Heywood c1826  (Read 663 times)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Heywood c1826
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 May 21 18:05 BST (UK) »

Harriet married as a "minor" on the 1st May1840 father John occ Maker up--looks as though father was as a witness as well.

John

The marriage was 1st March 1841  :)

Apologies for wrong date.

John

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 May 21 18:18 BST (UK) »
No problem, John.
It’s a good find ... I think. :)

Just looked Harriet Beckett marriage up - she is a widow of 25 Carruthers Street  - fits well.
Her father though John Haywood is described as a Book keeper  :-\

Apologies Rosie - I was flicking between this thread and the old one. You have put the 1851 info on here too.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 May 21 19:31 BST (UK) »
Possible baptism of John Heywood 2nd October 1796 Cathedral Manchester. Parents John Heywood and Mary. John was aged 53 on 1851 census.

Marriage of his parents 2nd April 1794 John Heywood (occ Druggist) and Mary Bancroft There's a marriage bond dated 31st March 1794 stating John was of Manchester aged 22 Bachelor and Mary aged 18 spinster with the consent of her father Willaim Bancroft

Possibly Ann Bancroft Heywood 1821 daughter of John Heywood and Elizabeth Hayhurst named after his mother

John

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 16 May 21 19:52 BST (UK) »
Sounds good.  :)
I looked for Ann later but I can’t find anything. Perhaps she died in childhood.

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 May 21 20:04 BST (UK) »
England & Wales, Non-Conformist and Non-Parochial Registers, 1567-1936 for Mary Bancroft

Baptism   
5 May 1776 Stockport, Cheshire, England Parents William & Anne.

Should have noted earlier on marriage bond and actual marriage Mary was of the parish of Stockport.

John

Offline Kath Heywood Boon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for getting this information.  I think sometimes the problem with me checking this particular name, is that sometimes it is spelled Heywood and sometimes Haywood.  I have been tending not to look too much into the Haywood information and that could be my downfall.  My father always pronounced his surname with an 'E' and with me being brought up in Northumberland, we always tended to say Heywood - as in Lancashire. Is there a site that you know of where I can check baptisms, etc to see if I can get any further?  The John that rosie99 found on the 1851 census would make him born about 1796, which is close to the age I have for the John (c1800) I have found who was married to Alice Greenhaugh (c1800).  We have a site up here called Bishops Transcripts, Durham, which I use quite a lot for my other family, and this has copies of births, deaths and marriages from the 1700's upwards.  Is there a site I can access for something similar for Lancashire?  johnhood, the baptism you have 29/01/1926 is new to me.  I had him down as being baptised 06/08/1826, Manchester - something else to look into.  I have printed all your responses out so that I can try to check up some more.

Kath

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 15:42 BST (UK) »
With regard to the pronunciation, in this area Heywood/Haywood are the same. I use the name Heywood here from the town.
It’s best to search H*ywood.

There is a site Lancashire opc https://www.lan-opc.org.uk/  but I don’t think Manchester Cathedral records are there. I have used Ancestry for those.

The 8th August 1826 baptism you might refer to was Manchester Cathedral and the parents of that John were William, a printer and Maria.

You mention that on the previous thread, where much of the information here was also given. :)

You also mentioned the John Heywood/Alice Greenaugh marriage but had found their son as unmarried.

I hope the printout helps. 

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 15:46 BST (UK) »
 Kath reply #14
Heywood beat me to Lancashire Online Parish Clerks. We wouldn't be without it.
Frequently updated. Checked a new batch of uploads last night. Top of "What's new" list was marriage register for my grandparents church for the year they married.  :) I'd already bought the certificate.
Cowban

Offline Kath Heywood Boon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 19 May 21 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, link for the parish registers seems great.  I have had a quick look at it, and saved it in my favorites.  I will now go back to my tree and see what I can update from this.  Shame I didn't know about it earlier as it looks as though it's just what I need.
Kath