Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 16th May  (Read 1040 times)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 16th May
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 00:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear you're in pain Viktoria, I know how active you like to be. What a shame about the pear trees, disappointing for FH. I  don't think the pizza would have caused you any harm if it had been in the fridge, perhaps it just wouldn't have been as crisp. Hope the lily of the valley continue thriving.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 01:03 BST (UK) »
Oh Viktoria, It’s awful to hear that you are suffering, but good to know that you are going to the doctor. Let us know how you get on, and what they advise.

Pharma, I think I would be discouraging that friendship if I were you.  ;D Your house, your rules, your children, your rules - simple as that, and it’s not up for discussion. Sounds like the brat needs a good kick up the backside (and probably the father too), but obviously you’ll leave that to someone else to do.  ;D

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 07:57 BST (UK) »
Well I think you are a very sensible lady Viktoria, to take advantage of the available services... no point giving yourself extra pain for nothing, when you have enough other things to worry about.
Is that the longest sentence in the history of man?? :P
How lovely to be over run by lily of the valley... I found a large patch in a garden on my usual route to town..... thinking of getting camouflaged and creeping down there at midnight to dig a few up.... or perhaps not. ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 11:59 BST (UK) »
Got the first available XRay appt available ,2 nd June at Oldham Integrated Care Unit .10 O’Clock.
I must book transport a week in advance .
(I could have got an appt nearer home but 15 th June !)
If I do that I can have assistance to the Dept ,hospitals are so big and long walks in the corridors ,not sure I will make it on foot.
I have been silly ,ought to have phones 111, but thought it would go away in a day or so!
It will get sorted.
My bum is coming in handy for up and down stairs!

Nice sunny but cool day as yet.
Have split the duvet ,one half in the wash ,although still cool at night don’t need 13+ togs .
Other half done  when this is dry ,then away in vacuum packs

F.H. ‘s Mummy’s birthday today but will be at work so I will phone tonight although as there is a cheque in her card she will undoubtably phone me.

Fancy letting a child rampage through a flower border!
Gosh such things were sacrosanct, bowling greens ,flowers beds ,actual graves, .
No one to monitor our behaviour we just did not do it!
Perhaps it was the texts on the wall of my home as an evacuee-
“ Thou God See- est Me”
“ God sees all “ —  ;D
 Did us no harm.
However it was just the way things were ,we were expected to respect things around us and any adult could admonish us had we misbehaved ,did not have to be a relative or neighbour .
All adults were members of The Constabulary ,as far as we knew!

I think many parents try to be as friends to their children , well a real friend tells you the truth about yourself ,warts  and  all.
If they are not frank  whilst kind ,well, the truth is never heard and if parents are a bit scared of their children they will never hear the truth about   their  behaviour.
Little obnoxious brats are the result, never really happy .
Ah well ,mine are all grown up  grandchildren  too, and little FH coming along lovely.
Spoke with a neighbour with a delightful little girl same age as FH .
She like he is embroidering the truth! :o ;D :o ;D.
Imagination and actuality all mixed up.
Reminds me of something on TVyears ago, little girl onMummy’s bed,smothered in red lipstick and blue eyeshadow etc .
“ Have you been touching my make up?”
“ NO!” ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheerio, look after yourselves.
Long John Viktoria!