Author Topic: Newcastle Evening Chronicle Family Notices for Woodger - COMPLETED  (Read 950 times)

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Evening Chronicle Family Notices for Woodger
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 May 21 21:50 BST (UK) »
I have looked to see if there was anything regarding what sort of accident it may have been but so far not come up with anything. Will try again tomorrow but hopefully someone else may find something I may have missed.

FindMyPast's OCR transcripts really could do with some work, these items aren't the easiest to find. I don't think I would have found this without Boo's initial find. Same edition, next page...

Newcastle Evening Chronicle
12 Sep 1896
page 3, column 6
Sad Death of An Old Man
A man named John Woodger, 63 years of age, in the employ of Mr W Hunter, veterinary surgeon, Corporation Street, Newcastle, died on Friday, under sad circumstances, at his residence, 29 Barrack Road. During the morning he was engaged shoeing a horse, when it is supposed, he fell over his nail box, which was standing behind him. When picked up he was found to be unconscious, and he died in the afternoon.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 May 21 21:55 BST (UK) »
Oh great find cuffie81 :-)

hats off to you, and that tells us SO much more detail than a death cert would have given.

Boo

Offline Shiny1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 May 21 22:42 BST (UK) »
Cuffie81 that is brilliant. Thank you so much for persevering with it and helping me tell his story.

Michael
Dale (Newcastle Upon Tyne), Beck, English, Hall, Harrison, Stephenson (all from the North Shields, South Shields area), Woodger (from the Newcastle and Liss areas)

Offline Annecdfw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Evening Chronicle Family Notices for Woodger - COMPLETED
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 03:07 BST (UK) »
This is wonderful stuff! You have all been very busy while I've been sleeping. Thank you so much, Cuffie81, Ticketyboo and Shiny 1. Is the proper procedure for me to now mark this topic as Completed? Anne

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 09:51 BST (UK) »
If you have all the info you want Anne you can mark the thread as completed. I don't think there's any hard-and-fast rule about marking threads as completed so I doubt anyone will mind if you don't.

A completed thread will stay open regardless, so if anyone else (now or in the future) has any more info that they think may be of interest they may add it.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson