Author Topic: PARMINTER/PARMENTER DONEGAL  (Read 708 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PARMINTER/PARMENTER DONEGAL
« on: Tuesday 18 May 21 02:43 BST (UK) »
About 10 years ago i found a blog that provided a good background of the Parmenter introduction to Donegal. This Parmenter blog also documented its connection to a couple of McClure famillies. I have looked for this blog and have been unable to find it again. Does anyone have any clues and/or are any Parmenter researchers in this loop?
Here is a couple of clues - Andrew McCLURE.bc.1749Killynure?.dc.1824Castlebane.mc.1775.Jane PARMITER.bc.1749.d.? -
The 1630 Donegal Muster Roll - Barony of Rapho has John Parmenter.
Parmenter was a church warden at Killygordon, Donaghmore Parish - 1686.
John Parminter was listed on the Hearth Money Roll 1665 Parish of Leck, Letterkenny District.

Cheers Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: PARMINTER/PARMENTER DONEGAL
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 04:16 BST (UK) »
Was it this site

https://home.rootsweb.com/

Closed now alas

or this one

http://donegalgenealogy.com/

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 04:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shanreagh, no on both counts. I am familiar with both sites and the Pementer blog is in neither. The rootsweb now closed and a lot of things are not viewable. The Donegal Resources is still agreat resource put up by Lindel Buckley and very accessible.
Thanks again for your input.

cheers Jack Gee.
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 May 21 05:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Bally-G, i used Genealogy.com back in the day it was free and open. Sadly it is not the blog i seek. But worth having a look at again.

cheers Jack Gee