Author Topic: Buried in Gaza  (Read 264 times)

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Buried in Gaza
« on: Tuesday 18 May 21 12:21 BST (UK) »
My late grandmother’s cousin William Abraham Holmes. He was a private in the Welsh Regiment.
Apparently buried in Gaza Cemetery. And what’s worse is ther is still bloodshed there
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Buried in Gaza
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 May 21 14:09 BST (UK) »
My mother's brother was also posted to Palestine and I suspect he had a hard time there, although I was too young to be given any information.

It's obviously the Iranian government that has been providing money and hundreds of rockets  aimed at the Israelis.  Probably as a means of communication that the Israelis should stop what they're doing in Jerusalem.

Every country has a right to defend itself and the Israelis have a sophisticated defence net that intercepts rockets.  However, deliberately bombing high rise buildings because allegedly an enemy had a room in that building is no reason to bomb the building to smithereens, thus causing more homelessness plus loss of life, loss of earning a living and loss of possessions for Palestinian civilians.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke