Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 20th May  (Read 1091 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 20th May
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 May 21 16:50 BST (UK) »
Diana, could you perhaps just send us a few degrees, that would make us all happy.  ;D  Good to hear that some of your restrictions are easing, hopefully that will continue as more people are vaccinated.

The staff at the opticians all wore masks MH and to be honest they weren't all that close. I wore a mask throughout. The optometrist set up the equipment where they change the lenses and just reached her hand over to do so. When I was trying on glasses they were handed to me, no physical contact or close proximity. But yes, I did feel brave!  :)

I think my portrait is just about complete, I won't leave it if my teacher says otherwise, I just feel as my friend put it so well  - that I've gone off the boil.

What dreadful weather you're having, I hadn't realised it was so windy in the south. Congratulations on being the nutter who went out in it! Just had a look at your forecast for today, it has a yellow warning of wind all across the south and around East Anglia and Wales. And heavy rain too but I expect you know that by now. Oh dear, hope it soon gets better.

How would 6 or 7 degrees do, Roobarb?

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 May 21 17:45 BST (UK) »
As temperatures here are only around 11 degrees that would do nicely thanks Diana.  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 May 21 18:36 BST (UK) »
I’ll see what I can do! Let me know if it warms up over there. 😁