Author Topic: Poorhouse records and 1901 - 1911 census records  (Read 1228 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Poorhouse records and 1901 - 1911 census records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 May 21 17:35 BST (UK) »
What I was attempting to point out, was that in your opening post on this thread, you said:

.   There are several Catherine Frasers showing on the census records, but not knowing the Glasgow area, I don't know which one to click into. Can anyone help me, please?

Cadder (Western), Partick, Blackfriars, Bridgeton, Dennistoun, Gorbals, Blythswood, St Rollox, Plantation Landward, Tradeston.

yet in your old post at https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=406645.0, you seemed to already know that 6 Brown Street was the one in Blythswood, as James Fraser was boarding there in 1901, but Catherine wasn't.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline heilanlassie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 May 21 18:04 BST (UK) »
What I was attempting to point out, was that in your opening post on this thread, you said:

.   There are several Catherine Frasers showing on the census records, but not knowing the Glasgow area, I don't know which one to click into. Can anyone help me, please?

Cadder (Western), Partick, Blackfriars, Bridgeton, Dennistoun, Gorbals, Blythswood, St Rollox, Plantation Landward, Tradeston.

yet in your old post at https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=406645.0, you seemed to already know that 6 Brown Street was the one in Blythswood, as James Fraser was boarding there in 1901, but Catherine wasn't.

Sorry Scotmum, my head is so muddled with all this.
I think I need to close down my laptop and do some cross stitch  :)
Researching the names Mckenzie / Mackenzie from Ross and Cromarty especially Scoraig and Rherivach.

The names Fraser, MacGillivary and Grant from Daviot & Dunlichity.

The name of Fraser from Lanarkshire.

The name of Bell from Northumberland.

The name Chilla / Chylla / Chyla from Poland.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 May 21 18:15 BST (UK) »
For consideration, though age a bit out:

In 1901, at Carrick Street, next street over from Brown Street, in household of an Irish family named, per transcript, Mochar:

Catherine   Fraser   
Visitor
Unmarried   
Female   40   
Laundress   
Inverness, Invernessshire, Scotland
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .