Author Topic: O'Brien killed on railway  (Read 3359 times)

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: O'Brien killed on railway
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 10:37 BST (UK) »
Here is a thought.
Can we find the census reference for anyone in Olive street, Aberavon? Perhaps in numbers 1 to 6? We could then find the actual 1911 census sheet, I would think? This should give us number 7 even if the address lookup doesn't?
Jennings (Somerset), Sievers (London and Netherlands), Richier (Netherlands & Germany), Chappuzeau(Germany),Garner (London) , Smith (Guernsey), Brand (London and Germany),  Burney (Liverpool & London), Oakley (Wales), Creek (Wales & Devon)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 11:17 BST (UK) »
See reply #33.
The census records are as stated. I checked the address search and that is the same.
Have you decided or sent for any record yet?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pavane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 12:28 BST (UK) »
Not sent yet. Waiting for pension payday! Thanks again for looking, I am really grateful for the information you have found.
Neil
Jennings (Somerset), Sievers (London and Netherlands), Richier (Netherlands & Germany), Chappuzeau(Germany),Garner (London) , Smith (Guernsey), Brand (London and Germany),  Burney (Liverpool & London), Oakley (Wales), Creek (Wales & Devon)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 13:00 BST (UK) »
I do hope we can solve it.
In order to look for your initial query, you need the information from the certificates.
Was Esther Francis’ mother and called Burke as well as O’Brien - the birth certificate. Who was Esther O Brien’s father - marriage certificate.

Would they have married in a Catholic Church? If so, there might - just might be additional notes.
If they married in another church, you might be able to find the marriage details too in respect of name/father.
Otherwise, it is just a case of waiting.  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk