Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 23rd May  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 23rd May
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 May 21 23:21 BST (UK) »
Oops, too late Maiden Stone, I've been hard at it in the garden today!  :o But thanks for the advice.  ;D 
I definitely rested the day after the vaccination, I wonder if that counts as sufficient.

Your bin collection sounds like mine, they used to come early doors but during the last year have got progressively later until last week when they were here at eight. Luckily I did the same as you, I put my bin out the night before. It always seems to be windy on bin days.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Viktoria, not long then till you can get the op over and done with and a lovely family visit to look forward to. And the fish and chips of course!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 24 May 21 23:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks, it has to be done ,doesn’t it ,the Covid test .
I should be glad they are being so careful as that protects me when others are tested ,just as my test protects others.

Goodnight everyone,hope you all sleep well and wake refreshed .
Viktoria.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 00:15 BST (UK) »
Rsukie: "Yes that’s correct MH, but the amount of DNA passed down can vary too. As an example, I’ve noticed a few people which my daughter matches, but I do not and she is obviously a generation below me."

Well that's my theory out of the window!! :-\

Not at all MH - I think you are right, but sometimes there are these little DNA quirks.

I have a theory about bad drivers Caroline which I won’t air on this public forum, but drivers in the UK used to always be so polite and thoughtful. If you turned on your indicator you were always let in front of someone despite the traffic being nose to tail and stop start.

Best of luck with your procedure Viktoria. I’m sure it will all go smoothly, and you’ll be back to normal in no time.  :)

Bin services and general issues around rubbish frustrate and anger me MH. Our weekly rubbish pick ups are fine, but we used to have regular pick ups of general waste, green waste and large items, which were put on the footpath and collected by Council. It was an excellent service. The service was gradually reduced and then scrapped altogether. As a consequence people continue to dump any large items on the footpath or fly tip elsewhere. It’s one of my major bugbears.