Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 23rd May  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 23rd May
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 May 21 10:05 BST (UK) »
Yes that’s correct MH, but the amount of DNA passed down can vary too. As an example, I’ve noticed a few people which my daughter matches, but I do not and she is obviously a generation below me. Looking to try to find an example and of course I can’t find one. I will try to remember to look later when I am on my PC.  :)

Caroline, the curtains look fabulous. I really like the pattern. It’s versatile and timeless, and the boys shouldn’t get tired of it like they would with some cartoon type character or other fad which would date in no time. Very nice.   :)

Traffic around London must be a nightmare Caroline. I can’t believe I was ever brave enough to tackle it.  ;D  Mind you, public transport is a nightmare too, and having the car gives you more flexibility of course.

PS. I spy a tiger’s bottom and a little blondie in that photo.  :)

Yes, they will go with any decor but do look good with the green walls... very striking and large enough to fit most windows and as you say timeless... thankfully!
Blondies head is youngest grandson and tigers bottom is a large stuffed tiger they sit on... poor thing..
Traffic not too bad , north circular busy but not as much as usual... lots of people driving like nutters either they’ve been shut up for too long or else they’ve been used to roads without many cars... either way you need your wits about you!
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 May 21 10:10 BST (UK) »
" A few times she was felled by a migraine at work"

Try a banana every day for a migraine, worked wonder fro my husband and myself, so now we seldom go a day without one but I do believe it is possible to grow out of migraines, worth a try, I talked my husband into trying it 

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 May 21 10:45 BST (UK) »
" A few times she was felled by a migraine at work"

Try a banana every day for a migraine, worked wonder fro my husband and myself, so now we seldom go a day without one but I do believe it is possible to grow out of migraines, worth a try, I talked my husband into trying it 

Louisa Maud

I’ve had then since I was in my teens... they got progressively worse from mid 40’s until finally I managed to have some wonder tablets prescribed ... Sumatriptan.... they are truly great, can’t take as a preventative but once taken they react quickly.... not sure about bananas... I used to eat them regularly but sadly didn’t make any difference to the headaches...
When I was working I got them a lot mainly at W/ends 😩 stress related I think and lack of liquids....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 May 21 10:54 BST (UK) »
Rsukie: "Yes that’s correct MH, but the amount of DNA passed down can vary too. As an example, I’ve noticed a few people which my daughter matches, but I do not and she is obviously a generation below me."

Well that's my theory out of the window!! :-\
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 May 21 10:58 BST (UK) »
Rsukie: "Yes that’s correct MH, but the amount of DNA passed down can vary too. As an example, I’ve noticed a few people which my daughter matches, but I do not and she is obviously a generation below me."

Well that's my theory out of the window!! :-\

I have the same types of matches, just a few  - my daughter will match higher than I do.  I have wondered how this could possibly be.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 May 21 17:00 BST (UK) »
Years since I had a “ half head “ headache, just went.
No links to what caused them or why they ceased.

That was some reaction Roobarb!
And a long time too.
Hope you are all better .
Those curtains remind me of tribal tattoos ,and some Aborigine artwork.
Dateless ,striking yet neutral .They will be going for years.

Well tomorrow, a Covid  test then self isolate to Friday when the Consultant wants to do the op on my right eye ,it was for 2 nd July but brought forward .
Why I have to go to Rochdale for the test is anyone’s’s guess, a testing station here in Ramsbottom baths!

I thought I had June for visits etc before 2 nd July when op was first scheduled but I am not complaining , it does not look like it will be a nice Summer so hopefully a nice Autumn ,then the new clothes I got will get an airing.Last year’s unaired ones too!

Grandchildren phoned today ,FH )s Daddy said they will be up soon and we will have a fish and chip supper!
Two nice chip shops in Rammy .

Washing dancing on the line in a stiff breeze , lovely.
Few Nasturtiums coming along now ,about time too!
Aquilegias need staking in the strong breezes .

Have tried to take cake round to neighbour’s but she is elusive today ,I can hear when she is upstairs .
Will keep checking in case she has fallen although she has an emergency pendant ,but- will she remember and be able to activate it!

Well up at the crack of dawn tomorrow for journey to Rochdale, son not well again today so explained and a taxi is being sent as I am not at Ramsbottom testing station.
I could do with the XRay bringing forward too, before the eye is operated on.
Must phone tomorrow.
Well just check on neighbour again then washing in and ironed  whilst still not bone dry.
Cheerio , good to get your news ,thanks.
Look after yourselves,Viktoria.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 May 21 17:53 BST (UK) »

Here are the curtains
I can’t seem to get the pic the right way round.... sorry... perhaps Gadget will come to my rescue again!
Caroline

Hope I'm not very late:

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 May 21 17:58 BST (UK) »

Here are the curtains
I can’t seem to get the pic the right way round.... sorry... perhaps Gadget will come to my rescue again!
Caroline

Hope I'm not very late:

Thanks so much Gadget! I did try turning the picture round several times in my photo library but it made no difference!
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 May 21 18:30 BST (UK) »
I’m afraid I would’ve left the trimming till the morning too and just hope the neighbours had heavy curtains.

So would I.
My lovely tall honesty flowers now at 45 degrees angles, some across garden path, after days of strong winds + downpours.
Checked weather forecast more than once before deciding if & when to put out bin containing paper & card. They used to be emptied Monday afternoons, by which time contents of some were strewn along the street during gales. Visits of bin operatives now unpredictable, sometimes early morning. Wheeled it round to street in evening when rain had stopped and wind-speed had lessened. Trouser-legs got wet from plants alongside path. I should have worn wellies. (Bin emptied early Mon. so I was right to put it out Sun. evening.)
Watched TV in evening. Turned heating on & up despite still wearing thermal vest, long-sleeved shirt + thick cardie.
Roobarb, take it easy for a few days. A study of flu vaccinations showed them to be more effective in people who were well-rested before & after. (Don't quote me on that, I can't remember where I got it from.) Whatever you think you need to do, there'll be time for it later.
I ignored my own advice re taking it easy. I walked straight from the vaccination centre to the big supermarket, (2nd visit in 15 months) then walked home with shopping. No buses on the route late evening so I couldn't use the 2 travel vouchers for the return bus journeys which came with the appointment letter. I didn't want to wait around for a taxi. It was a proper Spring evening, so a pleasant walk, even laden with bags of shopping. If my appointment had been for an evening last week or this week, I would have come home in a taxi. Took it easy for next few days, eating what I'd bought from supermarket.   

Cowban