Author Topic: Diary > Monday 24th May  (Read 1491 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 24th May
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 May 21 16:11 BST (UK) »
Thankyou very much.
I am getting all mixed up, eye op on this Friday,check up on a
Thursday - July 2nd .
It will pass and I must be grateful ,so much being done for me.

Flash Harrry’s Daddy is 30 tomorrow, gosh where has that little gentle boy gone,who doted on his quiet gentle grandad !
The feeling was mutual.
All grown up.
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 May 21 06:03 BST (UK) »
Perhaps I am completely misremembering here, but belated best wishes to you Viktoria if 24th is your day among all your family birthdays, a busy period of family dates in ours around now too.
All the best for your appointments and get-togethers ...

I'm a bit out of place for the diary and certainly late on the date!

My Monday was different from the norm in that I woke feeling I had picked up a cold virus, pressure in face, violent sneezing and progressively emptying the tissue box. Slight scratchy throat and perceived slight aching but stayed indoors anyway as chilly Autumn wind had set in outdoors. Made great progress on a UFO that had been awaiting attention and some effort, a knitted blanket that needed finishing and assembling, plus cleared some long time recorded programs I hadn't caught up on. Happy to say that Tuesday I was back to being a box of birds again and enjoyed a long walk to drop off another knitting project and regular activity, no indication of a head cold at all ...

( had a little chuckle there as I checked before posting, had violet instead of violent ... colourful  :D )

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 May 21 09:27 BST (UK) »
Thankyou mare, yes ,Monday - Empire Day as was!

At the front of my mind?  No,  much else going so busy organising myself for
the next lot of eye treatment and organising journeys to hospital as my son
too has appts and not well so I can’t expect him to ferry me about.

All fitting in quite well.
Realised I have not yet seen my new bed, nor lain on it so will phone the firm and explain ,it will just have to wait.
Ordered it by phone.

A sunny morning ,not too chilly either,so the last bit of washing going in and then on the line .
I find hanging out washing a real pleasure ,such an open sunny garden with a gap in the houses to one side which lets terrific breezes through from the hill and dries washing in next to no time.
Tesco order this evening so a blitz on the fridge ,some veges to make soup and freeze in portions.
So hope everyone is well,oh saw in the free newspaper that a team of fraudsters  have been arrested and charged with the P. O scam mentioned on RootsChat .
Cheerio ,Viktoria.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 28 May 21 23:40 BST (UK) »
Yes,all kids are but those on that remote farm are really super ,their Mum is fantastic and they are too .

I love the programme

Last night the Christmas dinner was two roosters one child had reared.
The children took it in their stride ,the birds had a good free roaming life and their end was quick and merciful ,as much as it can ever be.
Amanda puts me to shame , she doesn’t look as if she has had one child let alone nine!

A newspaper story  "Our Yorkshire Farm star admits she hasn't been abroad for 20 years"! I would have been more surprised if they had been abroad much in the past 2 decades. It reminds me of a tax inspector interviewing my parents "How do you pay for things like holidays?" Reply: "The last holiday we had was our honeymoon 35 years ago."

A chicken we had when I was a child got hurt and couldn't compete with siblings for food. I fed it separately and it became tame. When the down began to change to adult feathers I realised it was a male. The day I knew his destiny was to be dinner was the last day I fed him alone. I let him return to being just another chicken. His injury had healed and he had regained strength by then. Soon I couldn't tell him apart from his brothers. Reader, I ate him.

Amanda Owens is on ewetube. https://www.ewe.tube
 One is about relaxing by counting sheep.
Counting sheep to go to sleep never worked for me as I've counted them often enough when awake. I became more alert counting an imaginary flock, noticing one with a limp (catch that one, examine the foot), strays belonging to a neighbour, a distressed lamb separated from mother. Then I learned you were supposed to count them jumping over a fence. My imaginary flock jumped over a wall. It was a high wall. They were agile sheep. One dislodged a stone which was knocked off by a following sheep. Another sheep knocked a stone off and so on. Now we'll have to fence the gap in the wall. That's after fetching the flock back from the field into which they escaped. Rebuild the wall another day. Sheep-counting was stressful not restful.     

Cowban