Author Topic: Final resting place of Mary Jennifer SHARMAN aged 36, in 1971 in Derby area  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Hi, Everyone,
Would anyone be able to tell me, or point me in the right direction, with where the final resting place of a Mary Jennifer SHARMAN might be.  Her death registration is in the January quarter 1971 in the Derby area.  She was born as Mary Jennifer WHITTET on 5th March 1934, was widowed when M.J. MACER, and had become M.J. SHARMAN on her second marriage.
Many thanks,
Keith

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Final resting place of Mary Jennifer SHARMAN aged 36, in 1971 in Derby area
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 May 21 13:13 BST (UK) »
Where abouts was she living  prior to dying that is more likely to give you a clue about where her burial/cremation was. What is the local Municipal cemetery for the area she previously lived?

This might allow you to find the most likely place https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/site-elements/documents/pdf/leisure/record-office/cemetery-records-guide.pdf and then contact the local council to see if they have online search of their records or via the local records office

My father died in Derby hospital aged 42 in 1974 and so his death is registered in Derby however he was brought back to Leicester to be cremated and ashes scattered at Groby cemetery Leicester
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Final resting place of Mary Jennifer SHARMAN aged 36, in 1971 in Derby area
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 May 21 13:20 BST (UK) »
Iluleah,
Thank you SO much for responding so swiftly to my very recent enquiry on here...
I will pursue that link you have provided, mindful as you say that her final resting place may well have been dependent on several other factors, and away from Derby...
Very best wishes, Keith