Author Topic: Diary > Thursday, 27 May  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday, 27 May
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 30 May 21 10:22 BST (UK) »
So glad you are recovering well Viktoria, and enjoy the weekend visit, but DO TAKE IT EASY as everyone else has urged.
DIANA: A body warmer is what the French would call a gilet.
Good new avatar Roobarb!

MH, okay, going to Google now, as I don’t know what either are!
...I think we would call that a quilted vest in English Canada.  Do see them around, probably more common over there.
That will be the one Diana.  :D  I find them immensely useful and can wear them most of the year, here, where it is often fairly mild, but I prefer not indoors in May!!  :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 30 May 21 11:04 BST (UK) »
I bought six in pretty colours from The Edinburgh Wool Shop, not wool but a soft fleece.About a thousand years ago.
In their sale ,go with anything in my not particularly up to the latest fashion wardrobe !
I won’t be dictated to by underweight bimbos!

Thanks everyone , just two more of the “ terrible ,horrible tablets “ which to quote the Consultant make you feel like a “ rag dolly with not enough stuffing” —- another poster fell when she had them ,Azecet—— ?box upstairs as taken morning and bedtime .
Glorious day and I can hear the neighbours’ children ,two sets of little girls playing in their gardens.

Must see how number one son is, not like him to miss phoning , other son will phone this evening as usual.
I play things down so they don’t fuss  and worry.

No plans other than to cook the chicken and make a cake .

Well drop time AGAIN!!
There must be a fortune in my medicine box,as I have Thyroid problems all my prescriptions have been free since diagnosis years and years ago.

Cheerio, thanks again for your kind wishes,my thoughts are with you too, hoping you and yours are well.
Those we have not heard from for a while are alright and will be in contact soon .
Babies coming along nicely .
Anyone ill has hope , and feels they have unjudgemental friends at the ends of their fingers !
Cheerio.Viktoria.

oo

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 June 21 16:03 BST (UK) »
I bought six in pretty colours from The Edinburgh Wool Shop, not wool but a soft fleece.About a thousand years ago.
In their sale ,go with anything in my not particularly up to the latest fashion wardrobe !
I won’t be dictated to by underweight bimbos!

One of mine may be from there. I have a collection in different colours. The good ones are in the wardrobe. I wear a brown one with many pockets for gardening.
Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop is no more. I've had little opportunity to wear the "good" cardigan and smart blouses I bought there in winter 2019-2020. The 3 pairs of cord trousers with elasticated waists which I got at the same time have had plenty of wear. I should have bought a bed-jacket when I saw it in the shop prior to my stay in hospital.
I first shopped at EWM when I was a young underweight person. Woollen cardies & jumpers. I got a pretty, lightweight dress a few years ago to take on holiday and wear to a wedding. I saw it when I was in the shop, probably buying small gifts to take with me.   
Cowban

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 01 June 21 20:29 BST (UK) »
I was young and underweight once,( but not a bimbo ,they hadn’t been invented!) six stones and seven pounds on
my wedding day, eight stones now.
So many quality shops closed in recent years.
Good names like Alexon and even Eastex, not sure if they are still going .
Jaques Vert.
Viktoria.