Author Topic: Diary > Thursday, 27 May  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday, 27 May
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 May 21 10:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you ,I woke up after a surprisingly good night’s sleep.
Cleaned eye and patch and put first of drops in ,got the times all worked out but so many so frequently ,a phone call and I am out of sync.
Feel OK ,but haven’t really done any housework yet.
Bum sore and hips stiff but on a plastic cushioned wheelchair for hours yesterday first re wobbly hip thrn sight .
XRay Weds ,re hip which did give way when getting on to the operating table .
A dull morning here - no idea how warm as I have not been out to feed the fish yet.
Must try to make a cake tomorrow as Grandson and Flash Harry and Mummy here on a!onday I think ,they will bring fish and chips ftom a very nice shop
nearby .
Hope it is nice as we can eat in the garden.
All four of us have May birthdays.
I have his present here and a book “ Miffy and the new bsby”,Therr will be a baby sister in the Autumn .
His Mummy is 30 so doesn’t’t want to leave it any longer and a couple of heartbreaks and now things seeming alright .
It seems the extreme nausea which causes dehydration is causal in early miscarriages , it needs hospitalisation and drips etc.
So I do feel better than last time and perhaps thst is because I have done it once and so not so strange this time. it I’d also a different time of year .
I sent a couple of posts yesterday evening and was surprised how well I did but something wore off and after a while it was gibbkrdegook .
Cheerio everyone ,look after yourselves,have a nice weekend and Bank Holiday .
Viktoria .

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 May 21 11:09 BST (UK) »
Just popping in quickly to wish Viktoria a speedy recovery - glad the procedure went smoothy. Don’t try to do too much.

Also glad your little lad is back to his normal self Diana.

Everyone seems to be keeping busy, and in reasonable spirits, which is all that can be hoped for under the circumstances.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 May 21 12:44 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear has gone well with your op Viktoria and hope that you continue to do so... I’m sure it’s not easy with all these drops etc trying to do yourself...
Sure the visit from the family on Monday will do wonders for you all and I can imagine your excitement.... take care and go steady... the housework will always be there so take a rest and put your feet up for the moment. 🤗

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 May 21 16:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks, zI must remember not to bend forward so that limits me somewhat .
But as we say hereabouts I do feel better in myself ,ie generally and the discomfort is localised.
Just rubbed my eye! Oooer! Not allowed!

The eye patch is off for daytime but back at night .It does get in the way somewhat.
Neighbour off to shops and will get me a TV msg .
Hey Ho, hope everyone is well and has a nice Bsnk Holidsy , I might get my kneees strangled , which will be lovely .
Not hungry at all but endless cups of Lsdy Grey tea.

Excuse the errors ,I make more when correcting ,so leave well alone as sight gets squintier  the more I do.
Look after yourselves ,especially those not well or with worries, I feel very relieved and grateful I am better than last time .
Cheerio and my kind regards and good wishes to all who are worried and/or not well.
Viktoria,

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 May 21 17:28 BST (UK) »
Don't worry about the errors Viktoria, we can work out what you mean. I endorse Caroline's words, just rest and look forward to Monday.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 May 21 18:09 BST (UK) »
Viktoria - glad to hear that you’re feeling a bit better.... best not to overdo things and just have a relaxing couple of days...
I’m sure you’ll get your knees strangled which I know will be a delight.... keeping fingers crossed for good weather... lovely here today got to a balmy 23C... sitting in the garden listening to the birds singing their little hearts out... sadly interspersed with motor bikes....

Roobarb & friend.... love the new avatar...

Glass of wine and bbq so easy night for me... have a good one

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 May 21 19:18 BST (UK) »
Viktoria, I agree with the others, housework can wait. It won't go away.
I made the mistake of doing something a few days after a procedure and almost fell over. Fortunately I was outside the front door so someone might have noticed me lying on the ground. 
Cowban

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 30 May 21 08:49 BST (UK) »
So glad you are recovering well Viktoria, and enjoy the weekend visit, but DO TAKE IT EASY as everyone else has urged.
DIANA: A body warmer is what the French would call a gilet.
Good new avatar Roobarb!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 30 May 21 10:13 BST (UK) »
So glad you are recovering well Viktoria, and enjoy the weekend visit, but DO TAKE IT EASY as everyone else has urged.
DIANA: A body warmer is what the French would call a gilet.
Good new avatar Roobarb!

MH, okay, going to Google now, as I don’t know what either are!
...I think we would call that a quilted vest in English Canada.  Do see them around, probably more common over there.