Author Topic: Diary > Friday 28th May  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 28th May
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 May 21 01:38 BST (UK) »
Let us know if you want us to spill the beans on how The Pact concludes Roobarb. It will save you watching it. We will be sure to give warning of any “spoilers” in case others haven’t seen it yet.  ;D

Your poor OH Caroline. Is he getting any reconstructive work done? They can do all sorts of amazing dental work these days, but the cost is huge! You needing two fillings isn’t too bad after missing previous appointment/s.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 May 21 02:04 BST (UK) »
You area wise woman Roobarb, next time be so wise sooner and spare yourself.
What a shame you had nothing really to use from your garden .
When a pleasure starts to worry you opt out for that week at least and I admire you for facing up to it .
I was irritated yesterday, a woman who was nervous I admit went on and on.,  was acting up,no end,monopolised the Consultant for so long about how nervous she was ,calling him” Sid” - then when he came to speak to me explaining he would ensure there was enough anaesthetic(this time!) she started playing up
again and he left me to reassure her again ,and so it went on.
I was cheesed off , she wanted a general anaesthetic not a local , had the pre
op check up,but was told the op could not be done anyway!
She had eaten that morning despite saying she had not eaten for a week because she did not know what she could eat!
It was hilarious but a very sad side to it as well ,
Then wanted her eye removing!
She spoke about her wife who was her support worker so obviously the .poor soul had great problems but we all did by the time she had finished !
There were only three patients at a time in the pre -  op area and about eight nurses kicking their heels .
Everyone so kind and I went to theatre singing with a Nurse “ I want to hold your ha a a a a aand “, we were good too. She got hold of my hand but I wasn’t nervous ,it was just a kind gesture on her part to a little old lady as she saw me.
“ Sid” — Mr.Sidaq A————l talked his way through the op to students, it was interesting until he said to  them “ see,I have got hold of it now and a good straight pull and it comes out “.  —— yerrrggghhh !
I did not wish to know that ,but did not feel a thing .
So all done and dusted.

Wrapped up FH’s belated B/ day presents an easel / whiteboard with magnetic letters and numbers ,chalk ,duster ,felt ,tips , cleaning cloth .
A book -one of Dick Bruna’s  , “Miffy  and the baby sister .”

Just now my sight pretty good ,between drops .
Have had to do lots of corrections but at keast have seen them.
Thanks for your good wishes folks .Hope the rest of the weekend is enjoyable for you all.
Chicken for tea tomorrow , I have a good small oven ,a Sharp so will use that then no bending down as it is a work top one .
A real boon when cooking for one most of the time.
Goodnight ,or “ Night night and God bless.” As was the saying each night in our house..
Viktoria.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 May 21 03:35 BST (UK) »
You have a lovely philosophical attitude Viktoria. I wouldn’t have been as calm as you in the situations you faced, especially being able to hear the doctor. Yikes. I bet it is a relief that it is over, has been a success, and that you are on the mend. Take good care of yourself.  :-*

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 May 21 09:45 BST (UK) »
You're very brave Viktoria, I bet you were just glad to get out of the way of the annoying woman! Pleased to hear that you're recovering well.

Ruskie, I'm undecided about The Pact, there's not much else on TV at the moment so I might watch it....... but I don't know! Can I let you know? I thought from your comments that it must have been the last episode but I see there's another one so I guess there'll be more intrigue!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales