Author Topic: 1918 New Jesey Marriage certificate  (Read 66 times)

Offline mezentia

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1918 New Jesey Marriage certificate
« on: Thursday 03 June 21 12:32 BST (UK) »
I am trying to track down a DNA relative. I have a marriage for a potential candidate that took place in 1918 in New Jersey. I have the bride's entry on the Marriage Index, but it seems that the 1918 New Jersey groom index is missing. However, having the year, bride and groom's names (although the groom's first name is truncated) and the state file number, can I get a copy of the actual marriage license/cerftificate? I'm not a US citizen, and can't (at the moment) prove that I'm related!

The persons of interest are Domicella Zielanis and Bolesl[aw] Pargulski, and the state file number is 25208.

They are clearly immigrants, or the children of an immigrant family, probably from Poland. A descendent of Boleslaw's brother is an Ancestry 2nd to 3rd cousin DNA match.
Anderson - Leics., Yorks.; Attwood - Worcs., Staffs.,  Salop; Baylis - Worcs.; Beach/Bache - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Bills - Devon, Worcs.<br />Dovey - Worcs., Staff., Salop; Gill - Worcs.; Hampton - Worcs., Staffs.; Hancox/Hancocks - Worcs., Staffs.<br />Hill - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Sherwood - Worcs., Staffs.; Stonyer - Worcs., Staff., Salop, Essex<br />Woodall - Worcs., Staffs.; Potter - Essex.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1918 New Jesey Marriage certificate
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 June 21 15:25 BST (UK) »
This is a form for ordering the marriage certificate here -  https://wwwnet-dos.state.nj.us/DOS_ArchivesDBPortal/index.aspx  (click on Marriage record search under Records Request Forms).  I'm not sure how it works if you're outside the US, but you could contact the Archives and ask.  There is contact information here - https://www.nj.gov/state/archives/index.html