Author Topic: Hindsight - No Covid deaths recorded 1st June in the UK  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hindsight - No Covid deaths recorded 1st June in the UK
« on: Wednesday 02 June 21 10:26 BST (UK) »
Despite the good news (and the caveat from some quarters that the zero might be the result of a Bank Holiday weekend, which could have affected registration numbers) I do feel that we are being softened up for the extension of restrictions beyond June 21st.  Maybe it's the media choosing to interview pessimistic (or realistic?) commentators or maybe it's a subtle way by the government for preparing us for the worst outcome.  How do you feel?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Hindsight - No Covid deaths recorded 1st June in the UK
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 10:32 BST (UK) »
I'm waiting until the numbers come out today before I decided whether or not it is good news. Numbers are always lower after a weekend, and we've just had the Bank Holiday as well when registry offices wouldn't be open.

However, I think as long as deaths and hospital admissions stay low, there are signs we are getting there. I hope the government won't be swayed by large businesses and open up too quickly. People seem to have forgotten that it was originally "No earlier than 21st June." Everyone now seems to be expecting relaxation of everything on the 21st June. 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 12:39 BST (UK) »
Another serious virus has already broken out in China.

Apparently there has been the first animal to human transferance of Bird Flu H10N3.

I hope all relevent departments, such as Health, Border Control, Dept of Trade,. etc., etc. have had enough inter departmental practice these last 18 months so that this later virus does not have the same affect on the UK.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 16:29 BST (UK) »
Well 12 today, so obviously a catch up from the weekend.

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 18:40 BST (UK) »
12 is still good!

I had my first vaccination today. So far so good, I feel fine- and now I've said that perhaps by the time I wake up tomorrow my body will be in a state of all out war  ::) That was the one thing I was wary about, because it is so unpredictable. Some of my coworkers have been fine, others have been quite unwell for days.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 19:57 BST (UK) »
12 is still good!

I had my first vaccination today. So far so good, I feel fine- and now I've said that perhaps by the time I wake up tomorrow my body will be in a state of all out war  ::) That was the one thing I was wary about, because it is so unpredictable. Some of my coworkers have been fine, others have been quite unwell for days.

Take a couple of paracetamol before you go to bed, whether you feel ill or not. I did that after both and had no after effects, I know a lot of others who did the same.

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 02 June 21 22:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you. I took a couple a few hours ago. I got a little bit of a headache but no idea if that's coincidence or not since I'm prone to them anyway and it has been hot today.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 03 June 21 08:16 BST (UK) »
"12 is still good" 

::)  :'(

Just for that one day, almost half New Zealand's total since the start, and still we have lax tracing, open borders and pitiful quarantine measures!!  >:(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 03 June 21 09:03 BST (UK) »
There's no need to ridicule me for saying that. I'm also, unsurprisingly, not responsible for the actions of our government or any other government.