Author Topic: Hindsight - No Covid deaths recorded 1st June in the UK  (Read 3187 times)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Hindsight - No Covid deaths recorded 1st June in the UK
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 June 21 12:44 BST (UK) »
Ayashi, I don't think mowsehowse was ridiculing or blaming you, just venting her frustrations.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 June 21 17:20 BST (UK) »
There's no need to ridicule me for saying that. I'm also, unsurprisingly, not responsible for the actions of our government or any other government.

No intention to ridicule you, which is why l didn't even mention any posters name. 
Very sorry you have been offended.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 June 21 17:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you. I took a couple a few hours ago. I got a little bit of a headache but no idea if that's coincidence or not since I'm prone to them anyway and it has been hot today.

The person who gave me my 2nd dose also advised me to drink plenty of water when I told her I'd had a slight headache for a couple of days after 1st injection. That makes sense as dehydration can cause a headache. I can't take paracetamol.
Cowban

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 June 21 19:15 BST (UK) »
18 deaths reported today and new cases over 5000. Looks like the zero figure was just a delay in reporting over the bank holiday.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 04 June 21 09:09 BST (UK) »

The person who gave me my 2nd dose also advised me to drink plenty of water when I told her I'd had a slight headache for a couple of days after 1st injection. That makes sense as dehydration can cause a headache. I can't take paracetamol.

That is very interesting about what you have been advised.

I had a mystery virus in January 2020 and numerous blood tests since May 2020 Doctors feel possibly the virus was influenza which has triggered a natural immune response (amongst other problems, rash like chicken pox, erratic bp, incorrect temperatures and swellings etc) and although I'd already worked out myself (from my Urine colour) that I needed to consume more water, a GP at my Practice and an NHS Nurse has advised me to continue drinking plenty of water.

My illness has caused a reaction to medication, certain foods and drinks, also foods medium to high in which sugars. Colds with sore throats which previously developed into more serious illness, have gone by the following morning now.

After numerous side effects from attempts at trying medications my GP has got me to try some different tablets, to try and calm it down.

I have no problem with natural foods, including nuts, seeded bread, wheat, semi-skimmed milk the usual things you hear about.

However, it seems good old Water, drunk regularly and as soon as any reaction occurs works well for me.

Mark

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 04 June 21 09:59 BST (UK) »
But do you drink your water straight from the tap (with lots of chemicals added to "purify" the water) or from a plastic bottle (where the chemicals from the plastic have leached into the water?  If you don't have a handy spring, it's difficult to know how to get pure water!

Glad to hear you seem to have found a solution to your illness, Mark.  3 cheers for Corporation Pop!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 04 June 21 12:08 BST (UK) »
18 deaths reported today and new cases over 5000. Looks like the zero figure was just a delay in reporting over the bank holiday.

Which is what I thought in my previous post. I was getting really cross on Tuesday when they kept announcing about zero deaths for the first time in months. It was obvious that it was because of the long holiday weekend when deaths weren't reported.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 04 June 21 12:40 BST (UK) »
Groom reply#19. I was thinking the same. Weekly statistics are more significant than daily ones.
Cowban

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 04 June 21 16:07 BST (UK) »
You would have thought the airport would have sorted a special area for red zone passengers from the beginning! Still better late than not at all.

It isn't that simple. Heathrow uses their terminals primarily based on airline groupings, not destinations. E.g. BA uses terminal 5, Star Alliance uses terminal 2.  The airlines share ground handling and servicing facilities (much of it contracted out).

So if an Air India (Star Alliance) flight from India has to go to the 'red zone' terminal rather than the usual terminal (2) then arrangements have to be made for the ground handling to be provided at a different location to normal. Given the criticality of safety in aviation, that isn't something you can just 'do'. Method statements would have to be re-written and approved, staff need to be trained, and all the necessary equipment put in place. That takes time - and a lot of money - to organise.

There's also the issue that each aircraft usually makes multiple trips per day. So, for example, a BA aircraft might arrive from India, and have its next scheduled flight to Singapore. If the arrival has to be handled at the 'red zone' terminal, but the departure has to be from the usual ('green') T5 then in addition to all the usual servicing, fueling and maintenance, the aircraft itself would need to be moved (most likely towed) from one terminal to another. I.e. more planning, training and expense.

None of the issues are unsolvable, but neither can they be implemented quickly. And overarching everything will be the assessment of risk - it is quite possible that an extra death is more likely to happen as a result of making hasty changes to airport operations than for there to be an extra death from Covid.

But it does make sense to separate passengers from different destinations, and that is why it is happening.