Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 5th June  (Read 1156 times)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 5th June
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 June 21 09:30 BST (UK) »
Morning all
Roobarb I agree with others and especially note RTL comments. The phrase “just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should” is one I’ve found true in relation to voluntary jobs or tasks too. Just because I might have the skills to do something, it might not be correct to take on x task, but y task would be something good to do.
I think the same applies to post covid. I think many of us have lost confidence so you’re not alone Roobarb. It’s been SUCH a weird year and we’ve all had different experiences and family set ups. I’ve not been inside with anyone except family members so far and that’s felt good as each unlock happened. However I go to a pub quiz in the past and help run it. It’s been online for the last year . It’s now restarted in the actual pub with online running alongside. I haven’t gone back yet. I’m thinking of going back in a couple of weeks as then I’ll be over two weeks post second jab, but even then I’m thinking this is in an area outside my own as I travel to it - am I putting folk at risk, am I at risk, will those attending have been following all the rules etc etc ......tricky.
North East of England

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 5th June
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 June 21 09:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Diana and Candleflame. You're right about me not pushing back Diana but it only goes so far, if people try to browbeat me too much it has the opposite effect to the one they want! Like you Candleflame, I've only just reached the two weeks after my second jab. I hope you do get back to your pub quiz, they're usually pretty civilised sort of occasions so more likely that people are following the rules there.
I've only spent time indoors on one occasion, that was with the friend who invited me to the pub, she works in the care system so it's a while since she had her second jab. I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow so it'll be another step on the way, my first visit to a pub for many months. All very well organised there from what I'm told.

Thanks ladies for your support.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales