Author Topic: The "Go To Tree Icon" on Search Outcomes with 'FamilySearch'  (Read 207 times)

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The "Go To Tree Icon" on Search Outcomes with 'FamilySearch'
« on: Sunday 06 June 21 12:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you for stopping bye and reading this post.

When searching for potential relatives on 'FamilySearch..org the outcomes of the search are shown in table format with the extreme right-hand column showing one, two or three icons, depending upon the options for viewing the information in the columns to the left.

This enquiry concerns the icon showing that the information, to the left, can be viewed in 'Tree' format.  This icon, when available, is usually to the left of the column.

In the several years I have been using 'FamilySearch' I have often wondered what activates this particular icon?  I have added a fair few individuals to 'FamilySearch' and some have, over a period of time, had this icon added to search outcomes, whilst other individuals languish without this very useful icon being attached thereto.  Is it possible to activate attachment of this icon to Search Outcomes, or is it a function of the system which drives the website?

I've dipped into the 'Help & Guidance' on the website but not found anything helpful, what if anything, have I missed?

Your thoughts and where appropriate your guidance will be read with interest.

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.