Author Topic: Diary> Sunday 6th June  (Read 2105 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary> Sunday 6th June
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 June 21 00:38 BST (UK) »
We bought five hydrangeas at the same time.  They didn’t get in the ground for awhile because just a few weeks ago we were having frost, now it’s like the tropics. Welcome to the Continental climate, one of the most extreme in the world.  Anyway, the two cheaper (basic white) we planted a few feet apart, so same soil, same sun/shade amount, and they were watered.  The one on the left is thriving, small buds showing, the one on the right is just drooping, no buds. I couldn’t say for sure there is nothing burrowing, it is too open in my mind.  Just a mystery.  The three more expensive (supposed to be dark pink) look fine and no drooping, but a less droopy type of leaf anyway.
I can get my money back I guess...we’ll see.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 June 21 00:56 BST (UK) »
Reading todays diary there seems to be some very odd - not to mention rude - people about.   Ripping masks off for instance - perhaps there should have been another lot of folk walking around with masks and trying to put one on those not wearing one!   The world is going mad!

When the weather was warm and sunny early last week my niece arranged to meet a friend and her daughter who she hadn't seen for many months at the beach in Felixstowe (about 15 miles away).   They had a lovely gettogether for a couple of hours - my niece had her 10 year old daughter with her plus the twin babies.   Just as they were leaving - at a major roundabout - a car pulled up behind and was much too close when there was no need to be. My niece was getting anxious and pulled into the inside lane as soon as she could so that the car could pass her.  However, the other car pulled into inside lane behind her and once again drove right on her tail.   By now she is terrified - suffice to say for the next 3/4 miles no matter what she did this car stuck right behind, as close as it could get.   They eventually gave up and pulled out to pass her but so close the cars almost touched, and as they went past a passenger in the front seat yelled through their window and stuck fingers up as well as the driver laughing.  Thankfully, the babies were asleep but her 10 year old could see it all happening and was extremely frightened.   Once safely home Jo had a few tears - what on earth possesses some people?

Today I finally got to my nephews to see the family.   Lovely welcome from his 4 girls and his son from a previous relationship.   Stayed around 2 hours and then home for a short while before going over to my sisters having been asked for evening meal.   After that we watched the 2nd. Mama Mia film - had seen it before but still enjoyed it again.   I must confess one of my favourite songs is 'Dancing Queen' - it always makes me feel happy and want to dance.

Finally got home around 10.30pm.   Mainly cloudy all day, just odd bursts of sunshine, and although supposedly 23C felt much cooler.   Supposed to be warmer later in the week.

Aside from birds don't normally see any wild life where we live but one day last week when I was looking out the window there  was a fox on the grassy area at the rear of our car park.   Watched it for around 15 minutes - went to do something but when I came back it had gone.

Feeling really tired now so think it's time for bed.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 June 21 09:09 BST (UK) »
You would think Annette that those who espouse freedom to chose what to wear would agree that the choice to wear something would be just as valid as someone chosing not to wear something.  I know it's an unpopular opinion but I have always thought there was a hierarchy of rights with the right to life and the right to be safe taking precedence of all other rights and grabbing people and pulling things off them does not equal them being safe.

Sadly, based on what I saw at least some of the ducks didn't make it.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 June 21 09:12 BST (UK) »
P T, I am so sorry you witnessed such awful things plus the poor little ducks, some people just do not have patience on the road
I returned to church sometime ago but well spaced out and we are not allowed to linger inside, suits me, I go in and out
Having had some really bad news over the weekend I was so pleased to be able to sit in the tranquilly of the church, I thought I did very well till the last hymn just sang by one chorister, to the tune of love divine, thank goodness for a mask that covered tears and I was able to exit without anyone talking to me although they would mean well.
The person concerned is on a life support machine and if recovers is likely to have brain damage, very sad, his father is in bits, his only son, so anyone who prays, please offer up a few words for me please

Thank you

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 07 June 21 09:30 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness, that was patent bullying threatening behaviour!
My daughter got a Ka ,when they first came out ,very small.
Two children in the back and sandwiched between two HGVs Behind one at lights then another came behind off the motorway exit lane.
These lorries were headed for the quarry, so you can guess their size,she really could not be well seen,maintained a safe distance from the one in front but the one behind drove so close she was being forced to reduce the distance, the children were really frightened ,so she stayed on the road instead of turning off as normal because no chance to slow a little to turn a sharp left turn, and went into the quarry between the two lorries used for transporting hard core.
Questioned by the site manager as to what she was doing there?
Well she told it as it was ,two sobbing terrified children in the back, she would not leave until the Police were called ( we had our own Police Station in those days two minutes drive away)as she had literally been forced into staying between the lorries as no chance to slow a little for a sharp left turn
to go the way she needed to get home.
She was down deep between the monsters.
I used to ride  a MoPed on the same road and those lorries were dreadful,forcing you right over to the kerb ,which was too high for me to mount to get out of the way,so one time I got home and played hell !
Had my pedal clipped the high kerb I would have been flung into the side of the lorry.
The man who answered said he trained the drivers so given my daughter’s experience and mine I suggested he should find a job cleaning  toilets !
I wrote to the paper and quite a few others recounted similar bullying tactics
that were truly dangerous .
The drivers seemed not to adjust after leaving the motorway on to a road with heavy teatime traffic,and wait for it!
There is a farm and the cows were walked along that road to be milked every
early evening ,with lorries like those mentioned not being patient or sensible.
Whether it is a “man thing” I don’t know perhaps “some men thing “ as my OH would never have been so crass or irresponsible and I am sure none of yours would be either.
They are up so high in monster trucks and feel safe but seem to have no thoughts about the results of their actions.
Cheerio .
Viktoria.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 07 June 21 09:35 BST (UK) »
I am so sorry Louisa , what an outcome, brain damage.
Let’s hope it is not beyond him being able to communicate and recognise his family, there can still be a good quality of life even though much different than before.
So thinking of you and those you are concerned for , and I will have a chat with you know who.
Viktoria.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 07 June 21 10:17 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear of your niece's experience Annette, that must have been terrifying. The advice is that if you feel threatened you should drive to the nearest police station. Not always easy of course, particularly if you don't know the area.
Good to hear that you got together with your family, a happy Sunday for you.  :)

So sorry to hear your sad news LM, I'm glad that your church brings you some comfort.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 07 June 21 12:58 BST (UK) »
Oh dear so sorry to hear all these awful tales if bully boy tactics from face coverings removed, shop keepers being abused and lorry drivers being inconsiderate to others.

I remember once when we were in Italy in a little hire car driving along a road with no opportunity for overtaking.. we were going quite slowly as the car wouldn’t go much faster when this enormous lorry came right up behind us almost to the boot and continued in this vain for a further 5 miles or so constantly honking his horn.... not sure where he thought we could go, underneath him perhaps... disappear into thin air.... it was a gruels terrifying experience so I’ve every sympathy for anyone who has suffered at the hands of lorry drivers....

On a brighter note her is a picture of some duck eggs laid in my friend S’s garden... they’re right near their pond so the little electric fence is going to go round so Mr. fox doesn’t pinch them all....looking forward to seeing them all hatch.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 22:47 BST (UK) »
Thank  you for  the support I had about my sad  news and  your prayers for me and the person concerned

The  person concerned passed away this  evening  from heart failure, to be  honest  it is a relief that there is  no more  suffering ,  so  very sad but   is now  at peace,  that  is  all we can ask

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London