Author Topic: Diary > Monday 7th June  (Read 2417 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 7th June
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 16:24 BST (UK) »
What busy days! Too hot for me, just sat in the shade and blinked.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 18:17 BST (UK) »
Young new neighbour across the lane,another ex pupil!
Well,he is really slogging away in his garden ,lovely verandah and balustrade.
Planters etc, has planted lots of berry shrubs,red& black currants, raspberries,blue berries ,raspberries.
 He asked what one shrub already in the garden  was, St John’s Wort, I said get rid of it,the children will think the berries on it are also edible .
They have a five year old and an eighteen month old .

Asked if I had room in my bins for garden waste and general rubbish,bin  day Dtomorrow so yes it was OK.
Has a super little girl, very Frank, calls me by my first name .
She shouts across “Viktoria,  I have a phone ( she is just five ) “
“ Ooooh, you are a big girl”
“ Doesn’t work!”

“Viktoria I have  a watch “
“ Do you know what time it is?”
“ Oh, it doesn’t work,”

I ‘ve decided to get rid of an unreliable kitchen timer.
I will give it  to her on the basis it doesn’t work!
Well it does a bit but no good really.

Hot hot hot today.
Must hobble, crawl, slither to the post box, son is 64 on the twelfth.
The ill one.
He is in Bolton so I don’t think he will leave the area to come to me ,so no Birthday kisses either.
Won’t be driving as the drugs don’t allow him  to drive ,but anyway best not to come  even though  I am in Greater Manchester too..

Some nastyturtiums ,( one of my children’s name for Nasturtiums) have finally germinated, they took their time.
Will water all containers tonight , and ‘ er s next door’s too.

No news really ,look after yourselves . Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 19:25 BST (UK) »
Talking about  sweet peas mine  have  great  difficulty at  the  moment   climbing  the  canes, they  are  quite  tall, so   I have  put  a  line  of garden string  hoping  it  will help  them, really  thought  they  would  have  found  the  canes  buy now, 12 I   grew    myself and  the  rest  I bought, time  will tell

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 22:51 BST (UK) »
Well Monday wasn't really any better than Sunday. 

After I got the wee one to school my neighbour messaged to tell me I needed to do the garden now.  My garden is 47 by 22 ft.  Discovered the lawnmower wasn't working and the sheers had rusted and seized up.  So i had to start doing it with scissors.  Then I decided I couldn't cope with this so put on FB to see if someone would give me a loan of a strimmer. It was part laziness and part freaking out that I was so behind with the housework.  A neighbour's daughter who left school on Friday offered to do the rest of the grass for me.  I feel so bad as i know it was my responsibility but at least it gave me the opportunity to do some cleaning which i didn't get finished.

Then I came back from school run to find i had no access to my drive as they'd put scaffolding up on my drive and were using what's left of my drive to bring their equipment in and out.  Neighbour's drive was kept clear.  I feel angry that I hadn't been warned so that I could plan accordingly although I do understand that they didn't have to ask permission I just selfishly would have liked a heads up. 

Then the door of my dryer broke and this is the point that I felt like crying as I really need it and can't have clothes hanging about the house.

Then i had to do the walk of shame with the completely full garden bin.  i'm supposed to ahve access through neighbour's garden via a gate but that has been sealed off.  This meant that I had to drag the bin up the banking from my garden, along the back lane (length of street), out onto main road, round back into my street and along the road so I can put it out.  I'd have left it out the front but it was too much carrying multiple bucket loads of cuttings through the house.  To add insult to injury the binmen just skipped several streets so it wasn't emptied.

I also didn't get round to washing the car which desperately needed washed after it got badly splattered when the neighbour was pressure washing. 
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 June 21 23:08 BST (UK) »
Oooh days like that are very frustrating , once something starts it snowballs
doesn’t it!
Well little girl still playing with the timer.
She turns the knob then you have to wait whilst it ticks through the minutes but you can turn it to make it ring ,which she does ,hoping you will be surprised and jump.

Not so hot today ,and a little rain.
Son’s birthday tomorrow ,but he won’t come ,we are in Greater Manchester
and advice is against visits etc
So at 8-10 am tomorrow it will be  64 years since I first saw him.
No scans etc in those days .
His Daddy nearly killed himself by tying his shoelaces together ( WHY?) whilst sitting on the stairs whilst I was having the baby .
When he stood up to come into the bedroom when the midwife said to come in to hold his son,he  promptly  fell down the stairs !
I heard him say in a very shaky voice “Hello baby” .

No real plans for tomorrow, depends on the weather.
Just watching the elephants wandering through China , it is happening in Africa  and  Asia too.

The Queen met President Biden today and Prince Philip would now be 100 .

Cheshire in line for a Covid surge , shortage of vaccine it seems .

Well kitchen to be put to bed and my first night on my new mattress, Inaired it all yesterday ,had the electric blanket on it today ,and made up mattress cover etc and will sleep back in my room tonight ,on that bed.

Keiran Trippier ,England player on news just now,a local lad, big match tomorrow.

Hope you are all well and those with sadness at least get a restful night.
Cheerio ,oh ! So many kind thoughts ,so just to say my Right eye is much better,vision getting clearer and the pain and headache much improved  .
Thanks for the kind enquiries and wishes.
Speak to you all again soon, .
Viktoria.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 June 21 07:39 BST (UK) »
Good to know you are improving Viktoria, and I hope the birthday boy has a good day.

So funny about your new little friend and the timer you gave her.  That and an empty box.... she will never need expensive presents again!!  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 June 21 09:52 BST (UK) »
Viktoria
So  pleased your  eyes are  much better, take  care

Louisa  maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 13 June 21 11:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone, I make so many typing mistakes I have to go back so many times.
What with those and predictive text—— !
Started an answer to the diary but all is lost ,can’t find it and as I read the latest it does not appear in “ Unread posts”.
All about birdsong and sympathy for those with relatives in Aus threatened by flooding.My friend with a stoma following surgery for Bowel cancer.
Will search again.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 13 June 21 12:54 BST (UK) »
Viktoria, I don't know if you're aware of this- if you click on your profile then click on Show Posts (at the left hand side) all your posts will be listed in order and you'll easily be able to see which ones have actually been posted.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales