Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 9th June  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 9th June
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 June 21 15:47 BST (UK) »
Good gracious Viktoria I can’t believe they could contact you THAT early 😱😱...  wry unreasonable too...as others have said I’d be on the blower to them and give them a piece of my mind.... shame you’ve got to wait that long to get rid of your old mattress.... you could be like the Princess and the pea 🧚‍♀️and put it ontop of the new one until such time as it’s collected.... least it wouldn’t take up too much space!

I would be honoured to make MH a beautiful cake....might have to eat it though... do we know yet when the day is?

Jo, Bob sounds a real character and I’m sure he’s a delight to have around...sounds like my kind of companion.... a fair weather Walker! I can’t imagine sitting in the hairdressers for that long with a face covering....I now have a hairdresser who comes to the house... so much better I have to say.
 Thanks for the book tip always on the lookout for new ones...
I’ve just finished The Midnight Library by Matt Haigh highly recommend it.... now reading two different books ... The Daughter of Time by Sarah Woodbury and Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden...

Sounds like a relaxing day for you too Roobarb.... we all need those sometimes!

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 June 21 16:11 BST (UK) »
Sheer admiration for you on your bikes. I learned how to rid on a two-wheeler "Rudge" when I was little, but as Mum would never let me rid on a "real road" as opposed to the farm lanes, I'd given up using it. Wish I had the confidence and sheer foolhardiness to risk it. Most of the cyclists I meet seem to have a great deal of confidence, in fact, too much, often.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 June 21 19:09 BST (UK) »
We love our bikes but usually ride on the old railway lines / off road smooth paths and  invested in cheap folding e bikes several years ago. They’re a bit heavy to lift and more expensive ones would be lighter , but they do the job. I ride mine without the electric assist on, unless there’s a hill. Husband who has a dodgy knee and now hip, tends to have his electric on all the time.
Grandchildren are impressed that we have bikes,  but more strangely were more excited that we had bike helmets like them !!  Since some of the unlock,  Ive managed one short bike ride with the 4 year old and Ive promised to do another, perhaps with his mum on grandads bike as well.
North East of England