Author Topic: Moran Family  (Read 3049 times)

Offline maddy706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Moran Family
« on: Tuesday 30 August 05 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi
Looking for info on Edward & Jamesina Moran , they had 2 children i know about  Thomas & Jamesina.
They lived in Bunkle in 1900's
Edward died in 1954    :)
KEANEY  ,  FEENEY  ,  MORAN  ,  HUGHAN ,  MCNAMARA , O'MALLEY  ,  LAIDLAW  , DRYDON  , AIKMAN  , WILDE  ,  THOMSON  ,  WILDE , CAMPBELL ,HESTER

Offline Dot Hicks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moran Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 March 06 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have Feeney ancesters from the Duns area and if I remember correctly there is a Moran connection.  Will need to get my files out to find out who and when etc.  Would love to know your connection with the Feeney name.

Best wishes
Dot Hicks

Offline maddy706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 March 06 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dot
My connection too the Feeney family is My Granny Mary Feeney  she married Michael Keaney. They at 1 point resided at 6 Ventry Street Belfast. They had 5 children 1 of them my mum who then married my dad Edward Moran
KEANEY  ,  FEENEY  ,  MORAN  ,  HUGHAN ,  MCNAMARA , O'MALLEY  ,  LAIDLAW  , DRYDON  , AIKMAN  , WILDE  ,  THOMSON  ,  WILDE , CAMPBELL ,HESTER

Offline Dot Hicks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 March 06 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maddy?

My feeneys left Roscommon, Ireland, around 1866.  The head of the family Patrick Feeney died in 1868 in Edinburgh.  His wife Bridget Lannon Feeney by 1881 was living in Duns berwickshire.  After this date I have connections with the names McQuire, O'Donnel, Donoghue and Moran all around Edinburgh

Best wishes

Dot

Offline maddy706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 March 06 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I also have the name Donoghue Peter married Bridget Moran 1919 Duns his parents were John Donoghue & Annie Feeney.

Offline Dot Hicks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 March 06 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Looked at my data base and found 3 Moran connetions.

The first was the marriage of Peter Donoghue and Bridget Moran.  Peters mother Annie Feeney was my great grandfathers sister.  Do you think your Mary Feeney was related to Annie?

Second. Peter Feeney died in 1908 in Edinburgh, his death was registered by his cousin Catherine Moran. Peter was the son of my great grandfathers brother.

Third.  Witness at the marriage of Daniel Feeney and Mary Smith in Duns was a Helen Moran.  Daniel Feeney was the youngest brother of my great grandfather.

I am searching for information on 2 Mary Feeney's, whether or not yours is one of them I dont know. in view of the fact we might possibly be touching on recent generations perhaps we should swop e-mail addresses to continue our research, what do you think?

Best wishes
Dot