Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 10th June  (Read 1563 times)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 10th June
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 June 21 14:19 BST (UK) »
Well, please look after yourself Pharma and if you think an isotonic drink might help then good.   Did it help on Thursday? I do sympathise as I know what it is like myself to have to do without proper hydration at times.  I must confess I do not know what AKI is.
You seem to work so hard and it is not good for you to become so exhausted so please try to take opportunities to rest when you can.  I know it won't be easy.   I wish the hospital where you are at could look out more for staff needs.  I am sure this would benefit the patients too to have less exhausted, properly hydrated  staff.  I suspect you always put yourself last but I think sometimes you need to try to make yourself a priority above your work - at home at least.
Do take care and big hugs. :-*

Haven't tried one yet, I've ordered some with this week's shopping so we'll see this week coming.  An AKI is an acute kidney injury which means they're protesting at dehydration.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 June 21 18:31 BST (UK) »
Well, please look after yourself Pharma and if you think an isotonic drink might help then good.   Did it help on Thursday? I do sympathise as I know what it is like myself to have to do without proper hydration at times.  I must confess I do not know what AKI is.
You seem to work so hard and it is not good for you to become so exhausted so please try to take opportunities to rest when you can.  I know it won't be easy.   I wish the hospital where you are at could look out more for staff needs.  I am sure this would benefit the patients too to have less exhausted, properly hydrated  staff.  I suspect you always put yourself last but I think sometimes you need to try to make yourself a priority above your work - at home at least.

Haven't tried one yet, I've ordered some with this week's shopping so we'll see this week coming.  An AKI is an acute kidney injury which means they're protesting at dehydration.

Hi PharmaT

AKI or any suggestion of a Kidney filtration decline or symptons, in the current climate and I mean with the possibility of asymptomatic Covid or any other viruses doing their rounds (not just the hot working conditions), then any suspected decline in kidney function can be very serious.

You need to make sure you drink water when you require a drink, with structured breaks away from hot or PPE conditions.

Have your bloods checked for kidney filtration, etc., if you suspect any kidney decline. Doesn't your Supervisory Staff Member/Manager send you urgently, surely they need to help you and also want their staff kept fit for the duty of caring for patients?

AKI
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/acute-kidney-injury/
(The US CDC and US Scientists have more on the subject about patients recovering from viral illnesses and people who may have experienced shock to the kidneys etc)

Prevention is far better than seeking a cure later.

Take care, Mark

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 June 21 18:56 BST (UK) »

Hi PharmaT

AKI or any suggestion of a Kidney filtration decline or symptons, in the current climate and I mean with the possibility of asymptomatic Covid or any other viruses doing their rounds (not just the hot working conditions), then any suspected decline in kidney function can be very serious.

You need to make sure you drink water when you require a drink, with structured breaks away from hot or PPE conditions.

Have your bloods checked for kidney filtration, etc., if you suspect any kidney decline. Doesn't your Supervisory Staff Member/Manager send you urgently, surely they need to help you and also want their staff kept fit for duty of caring for patients?

AKI
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/acute-kidney-injury/
(The US CDC have a lot more about the subject and Scientists are realising that proper hydration is most important, whilst recovering from illness and people who may have experienced shock to the kidneys etc)

Prevention is far better than seeking a cure later.

Take care, Mark

No, we're working on half staff with higher acuity of patients on average, we have 3 breaks in a shift  but that's it. Stepping away at other times is frowned up, as is going to the toilet. i know it's not covid as we're tested twice weekly.  Much better today, urine back to normal.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 June 21 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi PharmaT

You could of course try your GP for blood tests to check the filtration rate eGFR etc and for Creatinine, a waste product filtered out by our kidneys when they work properly and any tests your GP feels necessary.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that there is little flexibility for you to go to a neutral area, remove ppe, get a drink of water / use the loo more frequently.

You appreciate maintaining healthy water intake levels are essential.

Surely the staff have a private rota whilst one had a drink and goes for a wee?

Take care, Mark

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 12 June 21 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi PharmaT

You could of course try your GP for blood tests to check the filtration rate eGFR etc and for Creatinine, a waste product filtered out by our kidneys when they work properly and any tests your GP feels necessary.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that there is little flexibility for you to go to a neutral area, remove ppe, cleanse and get a drink of water / use the loo more frequently.

You appreciate maintaining healthy water intake levels are essential.

Surely the staff have a private rota whilst one had a drink and goes for a wee?

Take care, Mark

unfortunately not enough of us for that to work, staffing supposed to be 7 and 4 )2 different grades and 4 and 2 has become common, some shifts only 2 and 1.  there's not enough hours to do everything and keep safe as it is.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 13 June 21 08:00 BST (UK) »
Oh, what a lovely surprise your friend arranged for you Roobarb.  :D She sounds like a really thoughtful person.  What a lovely memory this will be when you look back on this unexpected treat in the years to come.

I agree with Caroline, you are brave to go gadding about on roller skates Mowsehowse.  This is sure to keep you fit.  I had roller skates as a kid but my much older sister (22 years my senior) hadn't been allowed any when she was young as our parents thought these would be too dangerous for her.  I remember her saying to me "How come you got roller skates and I didn't?". My response was "How come you got piano lessons and I didn't?".

PharmaT you really must try to take more naps when you can, it will do you the world of good.  Much better than isotonic drinks, I think.  You must try to put your own needs above any work; exhaustion is horrible.

We have been all of a twitter on Tyneside this week!  It has been all over the news that Harrison Ford has been out and about in Newcastle on the quayside and even cycled to North Shields for lunch one day!!  Not that I got to spot him unfortunately, but it is not every day that we have a Hollywood star hobnobbing around our riverside! :D

Good to hear from you RTL.
Hope you do get to encounter Harrison Ford while he is out and about.  :D
I wasn't exactly "gadding" on my skates, as yet, but perhaps I can improve if I am brave enough. I used to skate to school and back sometimes, which was around 3 miles each way, though I doubt I would do those distances now!! To be good enough to go round the velopark once is my aim. :-\
I wonder why piano lessons were not on the programme for you.... I am not surprised you regret that. I had skates when my siblings got their bikes.... (we all have our birthdays within 3 weeks of each other,) I didn't want one then, though of course that did become my next craving.
BTW: It seems crazy to me that in an environment where nurses place jugs of water on every bedside, they are not allowed to have a personal bottle of water on hand for the occasional quick gulp.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 13 June 21 09:38 BST (UK) »
Whoops!  I have responded to above posts on the Saturday 12th entry.  :-[
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 13 June 21 10:02 BST (UK) »
I don't think it matters RTL, I think we've all managed to follow the conversation.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales