Author Topic: Daniel Cairney - singer (tenor) and possible music hall star ...  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Mancunian_Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Cairney - singer (tenor) and possible music hall star ...
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 11 July 21 12:13 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, Kathleen. You and Nick will be able to exchange private messages when you have made a few more posts. Then your private message function will work. Replying to this will count towards your post total.
Your father's involvement in the John Muir Trust interested me. I live in Scotland and have done environmental work as a volunteer and have heard of the John Muir Trust.

Thank you so much for passing on that information, Maiden Stone. Just out of curiousity, how many posts do new users need to make in order for the DM/PM system to work for them? I've PMed her anyway so hopefully she'll be able to read it and respond.

Like you, I'd find information about his involvement with the John Muir Trust interesting, as well as his involvement with the other things, too. Sadly most of the responses I got from the Community Council either told me everything was already in the obituary or they hadn't got further information. One reply, however, was very enlightening to a point but sadly, despite my replying quickly, I never heard back from him again. :(
Waddicor, Poyser, Wildgoose, Cartwright and especially anyone who can enlighten me on a Daniel Cairney who was born around 1929 in Tranent, East Lothian. Apparently he was some kind of famous music hall musician or singer/entertainer but can't find mention of him anywhere! :(

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 11 July 21 15:19 BST (UK) »
Mancunian Nick. You need to remove your email address from your reply #35. Personal email addresses are not allowed on the open forum. The private message function is for exchanging private information such as personal contact details.
RootsChat has a strict policy on protecting privacy and discouraging spams.
Measures include:
 Restrictions on what can be published on the Forum: no names of  living people (or who those may be alive) or identifiable information about them; no personal contact information.
New members need to make some posts before they can use the personal message function.     
Cowban

Offline Mancunian_Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 12 July 21 01:54 BST (UK) »
Mancunian Nick. You need to remove your email address from your reply #35. Personal email addresses are not allowed on the open forum. The private message function is for exchanging private information such as personal contact details.
RootsChat has a strict policy on protecting privacy and discouraging spams.
Measures include:
 Restrictions on what can be published on the Forum: no names of  living people (or who those may be alive) or identifiable information about them; no personal contact information.
New members need to make some posts before they can use the personal message function.   

Ok thank you for letting me know. Apologies about that. I wasn't aware. I see a moderator has already kindly removed it. I'll remember that for future reference.
Waddicor, Poyser, Wildgoose, Cartwright and especially anyone who can enlighten me on a Daniel Cairney who was born around 1929 in Tranent, East Lothian. Apparently he was some kind of famous music hall musician or singer/entertainer but can't find mention of him anywhere! :(