Author Topic: GERMANY c1803, Trying to find birth of Valentin GUNTHER(Guenther)  (Read 577 times)

Offline MamaDeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GERMANY c1803, Trying to find birth of Valentin GUNTHER(Guenther)
« on: Saturday 12 June 21 05:24 BST (UK) »
Can someone please help me find my husbands x3 Great Grandfather. I have details of his marriage on 5/10/1832 in Reichenbach, Bayern. Valentinum Guenther birthplace Orbis, spouse: Carolinam Geiger: father Christophori Guenther: mother Johannae Hofmann. In birth records of his siblings in Preuben, the parents names are also Joann Christoph, Christophorus: Anna Maria, Annae Mariae. I know when his wife died, when he came to Australia, remarried and died. But I cannot find details of Valentins birth anywhere.

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: GERMANY c1803, Trying to find birth of Valentin GUNTHER(Guenther)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 June 21 10:45 BST (UK) »
Where exactly were his siblings born? Was he older than them? Possibly born before his parents got married? Did you find a marriage record for his parents?
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 June 21 11:06 BST (UK) »
The Reichenbach referred to in the documents is now in the municipality Reichenbach-Steegen in the Bundesland of Rheinland-Pfalz.
I found a birth record for a son Carl/Carolus born on 5th November 1829 (before Valentin and Caroline were married) in Bosenbach, which is a few kilometres away. It's written in Latin and states that Valentin is a murarii (Is this linked to the German word Maurer meaning mason) and that Caroline is acatholico (i.e. non-Catholic).

Have you seen the original marriage record for Valetin and Caroline?
Here it is: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSZR-V6GL?i=545. Orbis is in the parish of Kirchheimbolanden, 50km away from Reichenbach-Steegen but also in Rheinland-Pfalz.
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MamaDeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 June 21 02:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for responding.
According to his death record in Australia 1884, Valentin was about 81.
His parents were married 17 Feb 1795 in Honningen, Adenau, Rheinprovinz, Preuben, Deutschland.
Brother Andreas born 22/5/1795 Waldbreitbach, Rheinland, Preuben
Sister Christina born 15/9/1796                    "                   "
   " Anna Catharina born 21/10/1797 Siegen, Westfalen, Preuben
Brother Joannes bap 31/12/1801 Koblenz, Rheinprovinz, Preuben
And a huge thanks for the original marriage details for Valentin. I can't read it, but that's okay.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 June 21 06:54 BST (UK) »
I found a record of marriage that states Karoline Geier - no G in the middle - to Valentin Guenther in Bosenbach ,Bayern ?
this is NOT your Valentin - born 1802 Rinnthal,Bayern - but I am posting it so you know there is another Valentin Guenther born in Bayern the same time- so you don't get confused with your Valentin

https://gw.geneanet.org/salamanda?n=guenther&oc=&p=valentin
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 June 21 07:02 BST (UK) »
I think I may have found him - and a warm welcome to Rootschat  :)
Fallenstien Guenther - in Australia is Valentin Gunther

Born in 1803 - Birth 1803 in Kusel, Bavarian Rhineland now Kusel, Pfalz - Südwesten von Rheinland-Pfalz im Nordpfälzer Bergland
Deceased in 1884 - Collingwood, Victoria, Australia, aged 81 years old
Musician
THAT'S IF THE TREE OWNER IS CORRECT ?

https://gw.geneanet.org/susanmikkelsen?lang=en&iz=5&p=valentine+fallenstein&n=gunther+guenther

added - totally different parents to your info
father - Friedrich George Jurgen Gunther 1786 - 1860
mother - Auguste Emistine Christiane Dorothea Rossow 1776 - 1860
if this lady is right - it would appear you are related ?...Susan Mikklelsen is the tree owner

oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline MamaDeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 June 21 04:25 BST (UK) »
Hmm, I looked into this ladys' tree. She has the father with a birthdate 1786, so he would have been 17 when Valentin was born and the mother 27. My own research didn't find this info correct.
Our Valentin married Caroline as you've mentioned, the names listed with their children and our ancestor. So, we're stuck with the parents being Christophori and Joannae (she was bap Anna Maria) at this point, as per Valentins marriage details.