Author Topic: Scott Family Dundee OR Scott/McDowell/Keenan Belfast  (Read 469 times)

Offline ianhughscott

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scott Family Dundee OR Scott/McDowell/Keenan Belfast
« on: Sunday 13 June 21 01:47 BST (UK) »
This is my first post here. Probably the first of many as I go through photos some of which I'm seeing for the first time. I've been doing family research for almost 20 years, off and on - most of my interest has been on the ancestors of John Scott, b. 1872 in Dundee, went to Belfast and married Sarah McDowell. They had two children.

I'm not sure if you'd like me to post other photos to possibly compare to, but would really love to know if anyone can assist with time frame and place of this large family photo.

I'm leaning towards Dundee, (possibly when John Scott went to visit for some event) or, Belfast, and includes maybe 2 or more different family names.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Family Dundee OR Scott/McDowell/Keenan Belfast
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 June 21 19:43 BST (UK) »
I would say Edwardian and they could be at a wedding because many of them have buttonholes.
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 June 21 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian and welcome to RootsChat, I agree with Pat on both counts.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline ianhughscott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 June 21 14:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much to both of you for your estimated time period. I'd love it we could narrow down the years, and find any hints as to whether this photo was taken in Belfast or Dundee (the two most probable locations for the photo).

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 June 21 16:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much to both of you for your estimated time period. I'd love it we could narrow down the years, and find any hints as to whether this photo was taken in Belfast or Dundee (the two most probable locations for the photo).

Difficult to pinpoint a location of a studio photograph without any details of photographer on it (either on front or back)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 June 21 20:09 BST (UK) »
I would say by the men's collars 1907/11
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline ianhughscott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 August 21 23:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all who offered suggestions. My own research has identified the photo as the wedding of James Scott to Helen Dobbie, 13 Jun 1905.

Wedding took place in Stirling, Scotland. I was able to positively identify several in the photo and have some possibilities for others.