Author Topic: andrew smith and lavinia boswell  (Read 664 times)

Offline chucky1111

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
andrew smith and lavinia boswell
« on: Saturday 12 June 21 19:16 BST (UK) »
do any od the ancesters have any history on shandras andrew smith and lavinia boswell and his son hubert and elizabeth brennan there son was hubert smith 1919 born kendal cumbria but i cant find any of his brothers and poss sis hubert smith 1919 was my grandad i would like to know the correct brother and sister up to lavinia as so many various name its all confusing thanks amadine

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Looking out for Aliases.....
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 June 21 04:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Chucky & welcome to Rootschat...

It may be an idea to start a new thread in relation to your own family as this thread is over 12 yrs old with no input as it seems only to give hints as opposed to info. with no replies.

If you put name/date/area in 'Subject' box & the details you know in your message, you're more likely to receive replies.

Can you please add as much as you know including the maiden names of wives, names of children & any extra info. to help researchers, especially dates (where known).

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Looking out for Aliases.....
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 June 21 08:42 BST (UK) »
Welcome to chucky1111

It may be an idea to start a new thread in relation to your own family as this thread is over 12 yrs old with no input as it seems only to give hints as opposed to info. with no replies.

I have asked the moderators if they could split it for you :)

There are lots of Smith / Brennan births on freebmd but only your Hubert in Kendal area

Birth Dec qtr 1919   
Smith, Hubert    mmn Brennan   
Kendal    10b   1550

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chucky1111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: andrew smith and lavinia boswell
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 June 21 13:49 BST (UK) »
thank you i did try to do a new thread but it wouldnt lt me but im new to this an may not be doing it right i will fiiger how to do it thank you amadine

Offline chucky1111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: andrew smith and lavinia boswell
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 January 22 05:00 GMT (UK) »
thank you all so much for the help that is right elizabeth brennan she married hubert smith in 1910  on her wedding cert she using the name elizabeth brannon its say address is travelling van of gwen rd lancaster both were hawkers   hubert smith born 1886 cardiff wales his dad on marriage cert says shandris smith     and elizabeth brannon dad is name robert brannon  i have found hubert smith side looking at other tree on ancestry but i cannot find a death cert to elizabeth brannon n her dad my problem is i was bought up in a children home from 7 an lost contact with family so im 57 now and i ve been doing my tree on ancestry but have many brick walls due to not knowing family members but i did know grandad and remember were he died n wot year i also now have his birth cert frim kendal westmorland and his mum n dads wedding cert and thats it that all i can confirm and know for sure sorry for late reply kind regards amadine