Author Topic: Find my Past, index  (Read 263 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Find my Past, index
« on: Sunday 13 June 21 12:59 BST (UK) »
It use to be the case that Find My Past had an index page where you could look up what records they had for a particular place.

For example if you looked up Kent you would get lists of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials for each of the parishes they had. However i do not seem to be able to find it anymore. Can anyone else see it?

Hypothetical example

Sittingbourne    Baptisms    1750-1930
Sittingbourne    Marriages   1800-1930
Sittingbourne    Burials       1780-1920
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Find my Past, index
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 June 21 13:07 BST (UK) »
So - Kent - if you go to, say, Kent Baptisms then in the bottom right of the screen is "Useful Links & Resources" and there you will find "Kent Parish List"
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Find my Past, index
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 June 21 13:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you, that's it.

(I'm sure it was easier to find before  ???)

Much appreciated.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.