Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 13th June  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 13th June
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 00:23 BST (UK) »
Could be Mark, could be!  ;) ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 00:34 BST (UK) »
Could be Mark, could be!  ;) ;D

Well, I suppose with Lockdown restrictions only beginning to lift recently, it is early days yet  ;D  ;D  ;D

I've got to have a bit of fun with my imagination.

Take care and goodnight, Mark

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 08:24 BST (UK) »
Just to pop back quickly to Sunday ..
Went on RC.  Seemed to have plenty of time but then time seemed to rush away fast and then I had to dash off to Church.
Weather didn't look too promising, so I took my coat which turned out not to be such a good idea as walking there it was muggy warm and coming back was like a hot summers day.
On the walk there I couldn't help keep thinking on PharmaT working in a warm hospital and the problem with dehydration and being frowned on re toilets and I thought on all the times over the past year I have chosen to not drink because of worry about lack of open toilets on my commute.
Got to Church and decided to try and get my mind off it.  However, would you believe it the opening, rousing song had the lyric in 'Come all you thirsty'  and every time we repeated this line I almost wanted to laugh, thinking, well that fits me and Pharma, alright.  ;D
We all sat spaced out.  No paper newsletters anymore.  No, refreshments, biscuits/cakes after.  No hugging of course. No collection basket being passed round.  People can now either give by dropping money in the basket on the back table or give on-line.
We didn't have the speaker my Church friend had thought we might have.  (She had emailed me about this).  However, our guest speaker was a pastor from Newcastle.  He was a fantastic speaker I must say, and very humorous and it sounded like he has had some amazing life experiences. 
It was nice to see old friends and familiar faces at Church.  On way out, my Church friend told me she thinks we are allowed to book 3 out of every 7 weeks.  It is expected that we will have our new Pastor and his family in a couple of weeks.  I absentmindedly, left without my coat and then remembered and had to go back for it.

Well, I had better get a wriggle on.  It is now Tuesday and it seems like we are in 2021 (not 2020 as I mistakenly wrote on Mondays post). Mark, you were a week behind and I, a whole year! ;D
It looks like a beautiful day outside so the Jessie the dog and I are going to head off soon for a walk at the coast. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner