Author Topic: Mary Hughes m. Thomas Parry 1864 Wrexham  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Hughes m. Thomas Parry 1864 Wrexham
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 16 June 21 20:07 BST (UK) »
Gadget - I think this is the right marriage record for Hugh and Mary. 5 Dec 1817 at Henllan
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/62103/images/004393952_00390?pId=98011

Yes, that is the one I saw - my memory subtracted a few years!

From the shared DNA, you seem to link to Hugh and Sarah, which could mean, of course, just Hugh. What you really need is a link to just Mary Hughes.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Mendomaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Hughes m. Thomas Parry 1864 Wrexham
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 17 June 21 05:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you Gadget for the help.

Years ago when I found the birth record for Robert Hughes (twin) b. 1821 Berth, father Hugh Hughes, mother Sarah Williams. I also found another record. This record was sort of a daily affairs record of the  Parish and may have been Anglican or Non Conformist. Some of the records were of Parish visits. One of the church officials visited a Sarah Williams shortly after she had given birth to the twins and then she died a few days later in 1821. Since I cannot find that record again maybe I can find a death/burial for that Sarah Williams in 1821. For me to accept that record it must have been from Abergele and it may have mentioned that the visit was to Hugh Hughes' home. I may have lost that record in a computer crash.

There are two trees that show Mary Hughes abt. 1801 and husband Hugh Hughes (Thomas) abt 1801. It lists children Edward 1823 Abergele and Elizabeth 1830. Edward is a blacksmith at Bettws yn Rhos 1871. The tree gives him living with Hugh and Mary Hughes at Bodoryn. I cannot write the owner to ask him why he put in Hughes (Thomas). Should I be looking for a Robert 1818 with a Thomas father. Patronymics?

Thanks again for your help. I need to think over some of the ideas I have now from our discussion.

Hughes, Lloyd, Edwards, Morgan (Denbighshire & Flintshire)
Evans, Jones, Roberts (Montgomeryshire)
Davies, Alban, Jenkins, Morgan (Cardiganshire)