Author Topic: Mary Hughes m. Thomas Parry 1864 Wrexham  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Hughes m. Thomas Parry 1864 Wrexham
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 09:58 BST (UK) »
A David Rowland Evans was killed in action on 18 August 1917. I'm going through his army record to see if there's a mention of an Annie.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 10:24 BST (UK) »
I don't think the army records are the ones for the person Annie married. He is recorded as a widower and re-married in 1908. Annie is with him on the 1911.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 10:31 BST (UK) »
Grief- if the person who  you are working with has a tree on Ancestry  (which has all the info that you have given) and the first letter of his Ancestry name is g, then he is one of my shared matches at 8 cMs!!!

PS - on a quick look through his tree, I think I'm most likely to be connected via the Montgomeryshire lines.

Offline Mendomaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 19:29 BST (UK) »
I am working with my and 2C Mary Ann AncestryDNA matches. Our great grandfather was Edward R. Hughes b. 7 Mar 1845 Tanywal, Abergele. Our great grandmother was Mary E. Evans b. 1850 Ohio   and was illegitimate. Her mother, Ann Evans, was born 01 Nov 1830 Llanfair Caereinion, Montgomeryshire. The three matches I am trying to connect are Mary Ann's matches. In researching these matches I have found some trees that suggest a possible connection to some of my matches. The actual atDNA may come from Evans in Montgomeryshire but we may also share a Denbighshire Hughes ancestor. The 3 matches are gill8399 with the Parry ancestors, SARAHJONES1811 and Gail Jones (probably sisters) with Denbighshire Hughes ancestors .

Edward R. Hughes' father was Robert R. Hughes b. 9 Nov 1818 at Berth, Denbighshire to Hugh Hughes and Mary  Hughes from his 1891 obits. I have this in my tree. (Username: Moutrey, Hays Moutrey Davies Hughes tree). But all my cousins have Sarah Williams as Robert's mother. This is because the Jones girls have this in their tree and several of us descendants of Robert R. Hughes have small atDNA matches to descendants of 2 children who have Hugh Hughes and Sarah Williams as their ancestors. Sarah Williams is a very common name in Wales so that the Hugh Hughes b. abt. 1796 Abergele may be the correct Hugh Hughes and my G+ grandfather. Sarah may not be my G+ grandmother.

This is a puzzle I have been working on for more than 10 years and one that I started in my tree years ago when I found an Abergele Methodist birth of a Robert Hughes (twin Elizabeth) born at Berth to Hugh Hughes and Sarah Williams 9 Dec 1821 and baptized 15 Dec. by Rev. Thos. Jones of Moelfre at the dwelling house of Hugh Hughes. My cousins copied this into their trees. I changed his mother to Mary Hughes a few years ago and it was supported by the Robert R. Hughes obits that I found  a few months ago. Recently I found a tree with Robert 1821, parents Hugh Hughes and Sarah Williams, who was living in Liverpool by 1851. If that tree is correct Robert 1821 is not my ancestor. I have not found a birth record for Robert Hughes b. 1818 Berth or anywhere else.

Thanks for your interest.
Marian

Hughes, Lloyd, Edwards, Morgan (Denbighshire & Flintshire)
Evans, Jones, Roberts (Montgomeryshire)
Davies, Alban, Jenkins, Morgan (Cardiganshire)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 19:50 BST (UK) »
The first of your matches also matches with me.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 20:37 BST (UK) »
I've been looking at the Evans tree and I don't recognise any of those he's listed. It is a small tree and my link might well be in an unrecorded line, and 8cMs  is likely to be a distant relative. Most of my Welsh lines are in the North Wales counties, with Montgomeryshire as the most southerly. My Parry line is mainly Ruabon and Chirk and my Hughes lines are mainly Merionethshire.

I don't link with either you or your Jones links so it must be on one of his other lines.

I'll investigate in more detail and get back if I find anything.

Gadget

Offline Mendomaid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 22:32 BST (UK) »
Your match to gill8399 is 8 cM. My 2C Mary Ann Smith match with him is 27 cM over 3 segments. Mary Ann I share great grandparents but my grandfather had all ancestors from Cardiganshire and her grandfather, Joseph Thomas Morgan was born in 1872 Montgomeryshire. His father was Edward Morgan  04 May 1836•Tregfeglwys, Montgomeryshire, Wales and mother Susan Rowland 12 Jul 1836•Llanbrynmair, Montgomeryshire, Wales. (Tree by Sldraper_94)

One reason that I am building out gill8399's tree is because he seems to be related to the Jones girls. The three of them show up in a small cluster of related people among Mary Ann's AncestryDNA matches. (Shared Clustering https://github.com/jonathanbrecher/sharedclustering )

gill8399 did answer my message to him about his match to Mary Ann. I had found a census record for a Thomas Parry the right age living with his grandmother in Ruabon, I think, and he directed me further north where I found another Thomas Parry living with a grandmother at LLANGERNIEW whose age was 2 years off 1842. He did not think that he had Parry ancestors from south Denbighshire. He also shared a photo of Thomas Parry with me.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 16 June 21 00:04 BST (UK) »
Yes, his Parrys were from  Llangerniew, so I'm not related to him through that line. From memory, my Montgomery line were Tannat, Price/Pryce, Roberts, Jones, Owens and Ellis.

Offline Mendomaid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 June 21 02:19 BST (UK) »
gill8399 has no wives for Thomas Parry 1842 or for his father Thomas Parry 1816 Llangerniew, Conwy, Wales  D:1856. The 1841 Upper and Lower Llangerniew census shows Thomas Parry 25 no, wife? Catherine 25 no, Jane 6 yes, Robert 2 yes. I did not find a marriage record for Thomas and Catherine.   I have added a possible wife: Mary Roberts abt 1821 Llanstfraid Conway, Denbighshire, Wales D:January 1891 Carnarvon, Caernarvonshire. I forgot to add that record and don't see it in a quick search so it may have been to a different Thomas Parry. This Thomas Parry's father was Robert Parry 1766 Deheufryn DEATH 1843 from his tree.

It is possible that Mary Ann and I have a Roberts ancestor from Montgomeryshire. That is one possibility for our great grandmother, Mary E. Evans' unknown father.