Author Topic: Diary - Monday, 14 June 2021  (Read 1324 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary - Monday, 14 June 2021
« on: Monday 14 June 21 20:34 BST (UK) »
Son, DiL and Grandson and dog called on their way home from their holiday.  They have been away staying in a cottage.
We chat about what they have done and I ask them if they had heard that Harrison Ford has been in the area recently.  They said that they had.  I said that I had read that he had had mussels and sea bass at a pub at North Shields.  I added that I thought that it was a bit pricey though, from what I had read.  Son said, "Mam, do you think Harrison Ford would be bothered about that?". He then said " Do you know how much we spent on a pub meal when we were on holiday?". I thought, I'm not sure I want to know, .. but I was told anyway.  Well all I can say is, it's nice to know how the other half lives. ;)
I said had he heard that Harrison Ford had actually cycled all the way down from Newcastle. Son laughed and said "Maybe he wanted to save on the bus fare".  I said "Yes, perhaps he knew how much he was going to have to fork out on the meal."
 DiL said that when they were on holiday they saw his helicopter flying overhead.  I forgot to ask them how they knew it was his helicopter.
They have let me have the dog for a few days as I won't be in for nightshifts until Thursday night.  DiL says she will call in after her nightshift on Thursday morning and pick the dog up again.
Later in the day, I take the dog for a walk around Tynemouth.  It was bit warmer than I expected even though the weather looks dull.  When I had been in the house, I could hear the wind whistling, quite atmospheric; I felt like the Brontes up on the moors.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday, 14 June 2020
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 June 21 23:53 BST (UK) »
Ooh I love sea bass, if I'd known I'd have driven up and joined Harrison.  ;)  Nice for you to have the dog for a few days, good company for you, especially when the wind is whistling around,  :D

Well now we know, the government has delayed the easing of lockdown until 19th July, apart from allowing more people to attend weddings and funerals. And Andrew Lloyd Webber who said he would fill his theatre to full capacity regardless, is now apparently in talks with Boris. My heart bleeds for the poor old millionaire.

Cooler and cloudy all day, was actually ideal as I was going to get my hair done, wouldn't have fancied that when it was so hot. It was mid afternoon by the time I went for my walk,  later on I actually managed to tackle the ironing pile and forced myself to do it all. Evening TV schedules were taken over by the football, it's time they considered those of us who don't have the slightest interest in it. No idea how long it will go on but I know I'll be sick of it.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 01:15 BST (UK) »
Following the Harrison Ford saga with interest! 
Roobarb, don’t know much about your delay in opening up, but will watch GMB on BritBox before I fall asleep and get caught up on all things British!
On the weekend the medical people announced those who had the AstraZeneca shot at least 8 weeks ago could get either Pfizer or Moderna ASAP.  I got mine 8 weeks ago today, so this morning I tackled the much dreaded signing-up process, but first I decided to make phone calls to see if I could register that way.  On my first call, I got signed up, Pfizer, I signed up OH too, so now he can have it three weeks sooner, and doesn’t have to drive to the back of beyond to get the one he signed up for last week.  We are going to get them done at our grocery store’s pharmacy. We have been getting our groceries there since last April via curbside pickup.  Haven’t been inside since then.  They have clothes too, I want to have a look, am so sick of my clothes!
Weather very nice today, if a bit windy.
I had a little adventure last night, woke up around 12:30 and went into the bathroom and promptly took a dive - must have tripped over the bath mat, went sort of sideways across the toilet, thinking as I went, I was going to break my arm, put my left hand down on the other side of the toilet (cramped quarters) and I must of grabbed at the towel rack with my right hand, or banged it (it hurt).  The towel rack came away from the wall on one side.  Didn’t break anything but a large bruise on my side under my left arm where I hit the hard edge at the back of the toilet seat.  I got very little sleep after that!  OH slept through it all.  From now on I will make sure the bath mat is over the edge of the tub!
The night before I had woken up with a pain in my neck, sleeping position most likely, and slept poorly after that.  Friday night I had a weird dream and screamed out loud.  Tonight I am ready for a good night’s sleep!
Just a little bragging - Canada now has the highest first dose rate in the world, and we are catching up on second.  We were slow getting the vaccines but have an excellent infrastructure for distribution and  fewer people who are reluctant to get it.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 02:06 BST (UK) »
Dear Diana.
You must not, must not go to the bathroom in the dark ever again!

We have little movement activated sensor lights around the stairs and in the bathroom.  They rechargeable  just like your phone. Do you want the link to purchase?

I do hope you are ok.

There was actually a comment on the Australian news this morning about Canada's fine effort with Vaccine roll-out. Enviable indeed. so well done to your government ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 02:08 BST (UK) »
Another hot day but thick cloud from late afternoon.  Seemed cooler during the evening which was a welcome respite but as I am typing this it's got incredibly stuffy and I'm sitting at my desk with fan going full pelt.

Not much to write about except that early afternoon my doorbell rang and it was my niece with the twin babies.  I had noticed there was a blue car in the car park but hadn't realised it was hers.   If she was going into my end of the town she would always park here as much more convenient - then came the pandemic and the few times she's been into town she's parked in a town centre car park.   However, didn't know how long she would be today as, aside from going into town, she had arranged to meet another 'twin' mother in the park - these twins are a month younger, one of each.     Talked to the girls - as always, lots of smiles from Macy.   Darcy had only just woken up so took me a while before I got a smile out of her plus apparently she's going through a 'clingy' phase with her mummy and when her paternal grandma visited yesterday she didn't want to go to her.   The previous weekend had been paternal grandparents Ruby wedding anniversary and family BBQ and girls being passed around as everyone wanted a cuddle as many of them hadn't seen the girls before as a result of the pandemic.  Was about to speak about this coming weekend, then remembered and held my tongue.   It's my nieces birthday on Saturday and her husband is taking her out for a meal - she doesn't yet know anything about it.   His parents are going to have the girls and whilst they are gone some friends are going in the garden to put it in 'party' mode with a few 'nibbles' for the guests.   Think around 20 of us will be in the garden.  Forecast at the moment is for Saturday to be cooler, cloudy but dry.

I like a bright sunny day but just wish we had a thermostat so it wasn't too hot.  I see that thunderstorms are forecast for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday.  After a spell of fine weather we always have to pay for it with thunderstorms (of which I'm not a fan).

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 02:39 BST (UK) »
Dear Diana.
You must not, must not go to the bathroom in the dark ever again!

We have little movement activated sensor lights around the stairs and in the bathroom.  They rechargeable  just like your phone. Do you want the link to purchase?

I do hope you are ok.

There was actually a comment on the Australian news this morning about Canada's fine effort with Vaccine roll-out. Enviable indeed. so well done to your government ;D

Thank you, Sparrett.  We do have a nightlight plugged into the socket in the bathroom so not total darkness. 
I am okay, a bit stiff and sore but just relieved I didn’t break an arm or wrist.
The stats I just saw on the UK vaccine seem to place them ahead of us, but in any case, we are doing well and hope by the end of the summer we will be pretty much back to normal.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday, 14 June 2021
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 07:26 BST (UK) »
Aren't we in 2021 now?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 07:43 BST (UK) »
Well spotted!  I don't know if I am coming or going on these threads sometimes! ;D
I have changed my starter post date.  Sorry my fault!  I think others might have to alter their own posts - I don't think I can change their dates.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 07:47 BST (UK) »
Well spotted!  I don't know if I am coming or going on these threads sometimes! ;D
I have changed my starter post date.  Sorry my fault!  I think others might have to alter their own posts - I don't think I can change their dates.

;D ;D ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk