Author Topic: Diary - Monday, 14 June 2021  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday, 14 June 2021
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 08:22 BST (UK) »
How lovely to see the babies Annette, and have the dog RTL, and have your hair done Roobarb.
Diana, how awful!! Get better soon, and fingers crossed the vaccinations go without incident.

A fairly good day for all it seems. I took a walk along the sand yesterday morning, before the rest of the world woke up. Sent a video clip to my friends in the Midlands, who was most envious of such a glorious morning.
Took a walk around the ponds at lunchtime, nice and quiet. Saw the heron fishing, got hissed at by the Canada Geese, whose young are now in proper plumage, and saw a family of Mallards, which have grown to double the size of the the little ones I saw last week.
Orchids in the grass on the field too. All very lovely.
In the evening I had a practise with the Morris group on the industrial estate. More musicians than dancers, and we attracted a crowd of one lady, who heard the music and walked around following the sound until she found us hiding away. What a good evening!
Hope everyone enjoys today as far as possible.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Monday, 14 June 2020
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 14:26 BST (UK) »
Dear Diana.
You must not, must not go to the bathroom in the dark ever again!

We have little movement activated sensor lights around the stairs and in the bathroom.  They rechargeable  just like your phone. Do you want the link to purchase?

I do hope you

There was actually a comment on the Australian news this morning about Canada's fine effort with Vaccine roll-out. Enviable indeed. so well done to your government ;D

Thank you, Sparrett.  We do have a nightlight plugged into the socket in the bathroom so not total darkness. 
I am okay, a bit stiff and sore but just relieved I didn’t break an arm or wrist.
The stats I just saw on the UK vaccine seem to place them ahead of us, but in any case, we are doing well and hope by the end of the summer we will be pretty much back to normal.

Looking at the stats it does seem Canada is number one per capita.  A new study shows the more education, the higher the rate of vaccination. Surprised to see Canada number one for education. 
Have to boost us - the world ignores us, generally. 
Anyway, hopefully we will donate something substantial to the countries that need vaccines desperately.