Author Topic: James Nathaniel Shuttleworth - Date of Death  (Read 4603 times)

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Nathaniel Shuttleworth - Date of Death
« Reply #108 on: Friday 25 June 21 02:28 BST (UK) »
^Thanks  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Friday 25 June 21 02:30 BST (UK) »
Here's a Macquarie General Order that deals with the concept of civil administration needing to know about BDM events in the colony of NSW. Transmitted quarterly returns for baptisms and burials ... its the beginning of the NSW BDM civil registration process, and it was a Scottish military ruler with basically 'dictatorial' authority who issued that order initially in Feb 1810 just weeks after arriving in the colony to restore British rule after the overthrow of Bligh.   

Notice the use of 'transmitted' and also 'forwarded',  but do please read further in the cutting ... there's public health rules,  for Sydney Town ... 

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/628068  Sydney Gazette 15 September 1810.

JM  :)  :)  :)  Enjoy the read!
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline NevilleTB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Saturday 26 June 21 09:08 BST (UK) »
I think I have gone as far as I can with this search now. Thanks again for the amazing support I received. It helped me with Nathan but more importantly, taught me a whole lot of techniques for tracing ancestors. I am sure I will be back to the forum on other searches and look forward to drawing on the wisdom of those who helped.

I have compiled a timeline that runs to almost 40 pages for the couple including images and references. If anyone is interested in receiving a copy, please contact me with a private message. I can send it via Dropbox.

Thanks
Neville

Offline M Hedges

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Monday 16 August 21 08:49 BST (UK) »
Hello NevilleTB,
I too am a descendant of James and Maryann . I have a photo of Uncle Mo to send you, however being new to Roots Chat, I am unsure of how to do that!
M.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Monday 16 August 21 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hello M,

You can attach your image to the posting if you like, it will then appear as a picture in your post. The attach button is below the white box that you type in.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk