Author Topic: 82 southampton road ringwood  (Read 408 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
82 southampton road ringwood
« on: Tuesday 15 June 21 13:41 BST (UK) »
i am trying to research the history of  this property for a dear friend and wondered if anyone can tell me who was living at this address on any of the censuses.

I believe it was formerly part of Victoria Terrace and that Southampton Road was formerly part of Up Street.

Any information as a starting point would be great!

I would also appreciate advice as to which local archives would possibly hold tithe maps of the area to locate the plot/housing.

Thank you all so much!

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline LMFAO

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 82 southampton road ringwood
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 17:43 BST (UK) »
Ringwood Meeting House and History Centre  have a lot of information on the history of Ringwood and I believe that they hold tithe maps you can email them at info@ringwoodmeetinghouse.org their phone number is 01425 480656.

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 82 southampton road ringwood
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 18:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you! On the case!

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 82 southampton road ringwood- carvers house
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 June 21 19:59 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know anything please about Carvers House, Southamption Road. I can see it now consists of 3 cottages - of which 82 southampton Road is the middle cottage and a house built early 19th century and is now a listed property but I am trying to find out the history of it please.

Thank you

Caroline