Author Topic: Diary - Thursday, 17 June 2021  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Thursday, 17 June 2021
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 June 21 10:13 BST (UK) »
Mark ,if I had the skill, I can see a short film in there like “ The Plank,” incidentally that is on today “  Talking Pictures” at 6-50”.
It was exasperating, very awkward and so ridiculous .
All the demonstration on yer akshull wall —- counting courses and uprights etc and still he said “ But it is still a meter,”

He also must have dropped two bits of said mastic on my nice patio tiles, when seeing what the colour was like I assume.I did not notice ,so when I did remove it ,yes two greasy patches that neither bleach,ammonia, surgical spirits ,boiling water etc have removed.
Oh I can laugh ,but really.

I did remember not to mix bleach and ammonia !
“ Ramsbottom wiped out by gas “.
Anyone know what gas would be produced by mixing those two?
I have said elsewhere that birds like linseed oil putty and so probably that mastic,they liked the red stuff sometimes used with Accrington bricks,
“ Ramsbottom house devoured by birds”
I shall skulk now ,looking to see if he is passing- no I have done no wrong and to be fair neither has he really although to ignore my  two requests for details re what insurance he has( nt) is naughty.
Let’s gloss over it but there is a comedy in there somewhere.
Thanks for your support, hope you have had a laugh !

Dull day and cool, but looks as if it will brighten up .
Will get the bus to the shops and hopefully the garden centre too .That was my plan!
Some top dressing and plants for front border.
They deliver.
Cheerio, hope everyone is well ,I am fine” in myself “ a local saying I think .
Will phone my son to see how he is today.
Look after yourselves and if anyone needs to know about lime mortar for Accrington bricks ( NORI or  aka as Engineering bricks) well just ask me!
It is 3.5 sand and ( I though it was hydrated lime!) hydraulic lime .
I have no real iidea what that means!
Cheerio .
Viktoria.