Author Topic: Diary > Friday 18th June 2021  (Read 770 times)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Friday 18th June 2021
« on: Saturday 19 June 21 09:44 BST (UK) »
Had a very restless night, as a result I was feeling tired and a bit grumpy. Cloudy all day, cooler too. Same walk as usual late morning, very few people around.
Art class after lunch, was quite straightforward. Had to run upstairs for the hairdryer to dry some masking fluid quickly. Not at all sure how this picture will turn out.

Light rain started about 5pm and continued for a few hours then a beautiful sunset. TV schedules full of football again so resorted to watching things I'd recorded ages ago.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 18th June 2021
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 June 21 11:47 BST (UK) »
Weather good enough to get clothes hung out again.  Schools now out for Summer.  They created a guard of honor for the P7s leaving on their last day.  Made me feel a bit emotional even though I don't have a P7.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 June 21 16:05 BST (UK) »
Had a lovely day out in Whitby, the highlight being watching a small pod of dolphins just outside the harbour.  OH managed to get a couple of reasonable shots on his phone.  Didn’t feel so bad when a man with a very fancy looking camera passed by and commented that he had got lots of photographs of the sea! We have never seen dolphins there before but apparently this pod moved into the area 2 or 3 years ago from the Moray Firth.

The weather was pleasant enough to sit outside a cafe for brunch, which is still my preference at the moment. 

When we got home we had a surprise visit from a friend of our daughter’s who introduced us to her new baby son.  She now lives away but was back for weekend.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 June 21 17:58 BST (UK) »
Whitby isn't far from here Pinetree, we also had dolphins recently. I didn't see them but  a local had managed to snap them. Well done to your OH in capturing them.  :)
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 June 21 18:13 BST (UK) »
Love Whitby, it's ages since we've been able to go there. Give it my love when you go there.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 June 21 09:15 BST (UK) »
I wonder if they are the same ones Roobarb? It was such a joy to see them.  Did you happen to see the Antiques Roadshow a few weeks ago when they featured the original drawings from the Roobarb and Custard cartoons, it made me think of you?

TY, we love Whitby too, in fact all of the East coast but Whitby and Filey in particular.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 June 21 09:41 BST (UK) »
They may well be the same ones, not a common sight around here, I'd love to see them.

No I didn't see the cartoons, what a shame, maybe I'll be able to catch it on IPlayer. Something to watch while the football is on! I used to have the Roobarb and Custard tune as my ringtone but it was a bit disruptive so I have something a bit softer now.  :D
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham