Author Topic: Diary > Sunday, June 20th  (Read 711 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Diary > Sunday, June 20th
« on: Sunday 20 June 21 22:03 BST (UK) »
Had my second Covid shot Friday morning, as did OH.  Got it done where we normally pick up our groceries, barely 10 minutes away, large supermarket which I haven’t been in since March 2020.
I’ve had a not great reaction. Headaches, aches and pains, fatigue (took three naps today), I believe this all kicked in Friday overnight, but I can’t remember much about the rest of Friday. I did make supper, remember that!
My first jab was AstraZeneca, this one was Pfizer, OH had P both times, he is only slightly under the weather.  He has gone to his daughter’s for a Father’s Day visit.  Our original plan was to meet my family somewhere, but that plan changed a while ago, as my son decided to take his father golfing.  The plan now is to go to my daughters, all of us, in July.
Just been reading and watching streamed shows.  Managed to take the dog out into the yard just now, so am better than yesterday.
We have been watching (recorded) the Westminster Dog Show, from NY.  Hours and hours long but such fun seeing the dogs, many of the breeds new to us. We saw the agility competition, which I really enjoy.
Hot here today, but it has been quite nice lately. Tomorrow supposed to feel like 34 and on Tuesday 16!  Seesaw weather.  After that looks like low and mid 20s for about ten days, nice.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday, June 20th
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 June 21 23:47 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear the jab made you so unwell Diana, good to hear you're improving. It will all be worth it I'm sure. Hope your lovely little dog enjoys watching the dog show too.  :)

My day:
Hadn't been able to get to sleep on Saturday night, laid awake half the night, had five hours sleep with the result that I felt spaced out all day.

Tesco delivery was due between twelve and one, got a phone call about 11.40 from the lovely friendly lady driver asking if it was okay to come early. It certainly was. The men usually just turn up early hoping for the best. She was quite chatty which was welcome.
Wasn't hungry so postponed lunch and went for a walk, afterwards I did some cleaning, I really felt like lying on the bed but I knew if I fell asleep I'd feel worse. Went into the garden, it was so peaceful and not a breath of wind so I ended up doing some gardening. Had been taking some photos of my plants when I thought I heard someone humming. Was rearranging things on the potting bench and went to the garage when I spotted NN standing on what presumably was a step ladder to paint her new gate which is nowhere near tall enough to require a ladder. She had a birdseye view of my garden and of what I was doing. I was furious, tried to ignore her but I felt really uncomfortable and eventually came inside. She'd had all afternoon to do the fence and gate while I was indoors but oh no, she had to wait and torment me. Every day she's snooping on me one way or another and despite telling myself not to bother it's really getting to me. Perhaps I'll celebrate the solstice like Viktoria by dancing round the garden naked, that would give her something to look at.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 June 21 01:10 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, thank you, am sure I will close to normal tomorrow.  I had quite a bad headache most of yesterday, practically gone today.
I try to get Darcy interested in the dogs, saying “Look at that one!” But he just looks out the front window where he sees a lot of dogs going by each day 😄, hoping to spot one.  One thing that will set him off are the school workers who wear those brightly coloured safety vests, and I thought dogs were colour blind.  The school has been closed for two months, so he’s calmer.
Sorry to hear your NN is making you feel uncomfortable.  She must have an inkling of how you feel...but some people are lacking when it comes to sensitivity.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 June 21 13:50 BST (UK) »
Oh dear.... NN still managing to drive you crackers Roobarb.  Not good. Hope you have slept a bit better even so.

Diana, sounds like you have had a rough time with the vaccination....possibly the mixing of varieties, or just unlucky. I have heard various situations, from bad on both occasions, through first only, or second only, or neither!!  Not pleasant for you, or anyone else that has suffered.  I get the impression that MOST did not suffer, which is no joy for those that did.

Another w/e of multiple attempts to chat with my dear ones in Oz, and abject failure again over 3 days. Have raised the issue with DiL and with testing find her mobile reacts, but son's does not. Well that is an advance of sorts; just got to hope now he will look into it and rectify what has changed.  As regular readers can testify, this situation has been going on for months, but I am always SO afraid to make waves.... meanwhile, I remain out of sight and out of mind, while I assumed he and the children were just too happily occupied to pick up.

A quiet day yesterday. Despite cloudy, cool weather the seafront was packed with cars as usual, so kept out of the way till later in the evening, when most had disappeared. Hope others had a more exciting day.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.