Author Topic: Rawlin/Rollin Lincs and Notts  (Read 271 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Rawlin/Rollin Lincs and Notts
« on: Tuesday 22 June 21 11:41 BST (UK) »
Please bear with me, I need a new set of eyes.
 My4 x great grandmother Mary Rawlin ( marriage spelling)
 Born 1787 ( from her age 28 at her burial on 14 Nov 1718 in East Allington, Lincs)
 Married 24 Jan 1807 at Croxton Kerriel to John Calliss

I have matches via DNA to several people all with the "mother" being Elizabeth Makinda married to John Rollings ( John does not feature in the match and the other children of Elizabeth are noted as half sibs to Mary.
John and Elizabeth Rollings had a daughter Mary (1787) but she died shortly after birth. Their second daughter Mary would be too young to have married in 1807 ( aged 4)
John Rollings and Elizabeth married 20 May 1781 in Syston, Lincs so if Elizabeth had a child before marriage called Mary, that Mary would be too old to have been 28 at her burial. Also would Elizabeth then have called another two daughters by the name Mary.
I have checked out births for My Mary in Syston, and Croxton Kerrial as that is where she married. I can see the surname Rollin/Rolling and Rawlin being very similar so Iam open to suggestions on that .
Any one have these people in their tree or can shed a light for me, thank you for reading this ramble.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rawlin/Rollin Lincs and Notts
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 June 21 17:09 BST (UK) »
Mary was noted as of  Allington LIN on the freereg marriage record.

Their children on freereg but no birth form Mary in the County but plenty elsewhere.

Sarah CALLES Baptism 22 Mar 1807   Lincolnshire West Allington : Holy Trinity : Parish Register
Ann CALLES    Baptism 23 Apr 1809   Lincolnshire West Allington : Holy Trinity : Parish Register   
William CALLES   Baptism 20 Mar 1811   Lincolnshire West Allington : Holy Trinity : Parish Register   

This marriage on freereg but he is noted as bachelor?

Mary SHIRLEY to John CALLIS Marriage 9 Oct 1820 Lincolnshire   
East Allington : St James : Parish Register

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Rawlin/Rollin Lincs and Notts
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 June 21 11:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that Colin. I do have the baptisms for all the six children of John Callis and Mary Rawlin. John then went on to marry Mary Shirley and this couple baptised 13 children.

I have the marriage details from Lincs to the Past.
Of course just because the couple's Parish was listed as Allington, does not mean either was born there. So the search goes on.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley